Felt f75

Wazu

Just traded my kayak for a 2010 FELT F 75. I don't know Jack about road bikes so I hope I got an okay deal and that the bike is good. I never heard of the brand. Anybody know if its a descent bike? I won't be riding it till next week.

rquinn19

Felt seems to be a reputable brand for road and mountain bikes. I don't know Jack either, but I was close to buying the F95, but didn't want to get laughed at riding a bike around with team logos all over it.

Post back how you like it. I'm still searching for a road bike, just waiting for the right deal.

Wazu

This bike doesn't have logos. Its aluminum with a carbon seatpost, chainstay and seat post. I almost got the carbon bike in the same price bracket but I wanted the highest componentry instead of the lightest bike. Actually, the weight was the same anyway! The bike I'm using now is for someone like 6' 2" and I'm only 5'6" so I'm sure I'll love the bike hahahaa. I'll keep you posted for sure.

K

kyeo138

I just ordered that same bike! It's supposed to be in by this weekend, can't wait to start riding. After doing a lot of research, this bike seemed like the best value for the $$. I was going to get a hybrid, but everyone I know who rides told me that if I even want to consider a race, just skip it and go right to a road bike. When testing out bikes, I have to say the Felt F75 seemed really smooth & fast compared to some others in the same price bracket (mainly trek).

I found some pics on line (not mine): http://www.flickr.com/photos/40778401@N02/sets/72157621945090442/

Wazu

The bike ROCKS

Got my bike a few days ago. It rides like a freaking dream!!!! I'm very happy with the purchase so far and I don't really expect to be disappointed at all! It's very very solid. It shifts really well and steers great too. Please let me know what you think of yours when it comes in! I'll try to post a pic of mine if I can figure out how to.

Attachments

• downsized_0814091854.jpg
    downsized_0814091854.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 296

Wazu

Still rides great!

Hey, I'll be the first one to admit I know nothing about road bikes but I really do believe that this bike is great. I did two slightly over 30 mile rides so far. My average speed was 18.44 and the average time was 1:38:00. I stood on mostly every climb and the bike shifted like a DREAM. I don't even know if these are good times/distances for a road bike but I felt like I was flying! I was reading other posts about people doing 60+ miles an hour but I totally don't believe it. Their instrumentation may have said 60 plus but nfw. I'd be more interested in how fast people are going on elongated flat surfaces. I'd guess 40 ish and not for a long time either. Also, the F75 is fantastic at turning sharply at speed. Hugs the road. It's a great bike to shift while standing too. Road biking is certainly about the rider though more than the bike, just like great golfing is in the swing, not the clubs. I'd like to become good at this rode biking thing. I'm getting addicted for sure. Probably helps mtb a lot too. Gonna try that again in the fall. Let me know when you get your bike and maybe we can go together man!

Wazu

Hi El Guaco!!!! Hope your beautiful family and you are doing great! I'll be back in the fall after I get into shape for the first time in 20 years. I don't want to come back mediocre. Say hello to everyone and I'm still a MOUNTAINBIKER in trainiing on the road.........Peace Yo...........G

Top Bottom