Favorite Protein Shake

I"ve been programmed by thousands of hours of podcasts to tell you about this
https://www.onnit.com/hemp-force/

have you tried it yet? sh!t is WAY expensive.

my formula is less about protein than getting some good. it's about 285 calories and is wicked easy to make:

1 scoop peanut butter
1/2 banana
handful of frozen strawberries
1 scoop protein power
-blend-
add ice/water to get desired consistency

it tastes really good, isn't crazy on the protein (33 grams) and really will fill you up. you can also toss a few pieces of apple or some frozen blueberries in there. of course that will amp up the calories a tick.

Yesterday i was eating my Baklava ice cream and yelling I AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS
BOOM
BOOM BOOM! at my wife
she didn't get it.
If anyone gets it, consider yourself retarded.

Yesterday i was eating my Baklava ice cream and yelling I AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS
BOOM
BOOM BOOM! at my wife
she didn't get it.
If anyone gets it, consider yourself retarded.

is that ghostbusters?

No Whey for me. Veggie protein + chocolate
Not cheap but good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 181
I drink chocolate Skim Plus milk during/after gym workouts. It's creamy like 2% milk but without the fat. It's more expensive than regular milk, but cheaper than Carnation IB. It also has more protein and calcium than regular milk. The latter of which will help prevent bone density loss that starts affecting women in their 20's. You can also get the regular Skim Plus and mix in Hershey's, Nestle's, etc.

+1 haven't been on here in a while, because I've been finishing up my bachelors in exercise science; one of the commonly known quick, simple post workout drinks amongst the gym rats is simple chocolate milk. Yes there are plenty of other options; ideally, you would like to get all your nutrients from food, but the simplest, safest addition is chocolate milk.

This is what I don't want. I'm looking to lose weight, not gain it!

So I’m doing the full 2 months of Insanity (as well as riding) and I need to find a good protein shake. I'm always under calories for the day, and need a filler for after workouts & a "snack" throughout the day. My normal calorie intake is around 1300 (100lbs), but I usually fall a little short of that. I've read that most people up their intake to around 2000 per day, so I need healthy options.

Thanks for your help!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say you're trying to increase your caloric intake? Unless your workout changes or you're currently losing weight, you're going to gain weight with the addition of calories. I would first be specific with exactly what you want to change and be clear on what's going on right now.

Almond milk(plain unsweetened) + Mt. Capra Mineral Whey + Hershey's chocolate syrup(with calcium). Awesome after a ride.

I have used muscles milk but I think real and natural protein foods are the best to boost the energy and enhance the body strength. I mostly use the raw eggs, yogurt, real protein shake, peanut butter, and fish etc. to boost my energy level and get body strength.

Last edited:
this is the strangest piece of spam I've ever seen. I think. I can't even figure out the angle here.

Back
Top Bottom