Fatbike crank options?

CrankAddictRich

Hey guys.. I think i already know the answer, but I figured I;d check in with the experts just to confirm. I'm on a Fatboy. Am I correct that there aren't many options on the market when it comes to upgrading/changing the crank? My bike currently has the Raceface Turbine cinch and I was researching options that might allow me to put a Stages left side crank arm on. It doesn't look like that's a possibility, correct?... because the 100mm spindle required isn't ofered for the XT, XTR or Saint crank sets.

I could be wrong but fatboy shows 12x148 rea spacing. Wouldn't that mean any boost crank should work?
Fatboy and Farley are both 197.

n9XJDap.png

BXNHUqi.png

Your Fatboy is 190mm QR rear. There is not a powermeter option for a fat bike. Stages will not work. Or, I should say it will not work well. You could run a 120mm spindle to get the clearance to run a Stages using the Cannondale Hollowgram arms and Raceface spindle/BB. The bike will ride like poop though with that wide of a crank. Chainline will suck, etc. I custom made a Quarq earlier this year for my bike but that sucked as well.

#dontbesucharoadie

Your Fatboy is 190mm QR rear. There is not a powermeter option for a fat bike. Stages will not work. Or, I should say it will not work well. You could run a 120mm spindle to get the clearance to run a Stages using the Cannondale Hollowgram arms and Raceface spindle/BB. The bike will ride like poop though with that wide of a crank. Chainline will suck, etc. I custom made a Quarq earlier this year for my bike but that sucked as well.

#dontbesucharoadie

Jim... this Stages won't work on the carbon race face next sl cranks... the cranks that come on the carbon fatboys.

PS-Just stop by the shop and ask questions, these idiots on the interwebz will get you nowhere fast.

Normally I would... you know that.

Back
Top Bottom