Ergon BD2 Hydration pack

The compartment thing is no real issue, I was just set in my ways with my Camelbak as to where everything went.

I'm pretty sure once I organize some stuff, maybe with a few zipper packs, I'll forget the compartments in my MULE.

Walt,

Thanks for the write up. I was on the fence whether I was going to keep mine or not. Your review (& ripping my CB @ 6M on wed nights ride) convinced me to give it a chance. I'll let you know what i think in a few weeks.

Kirt, give the bag a fair shot. Like Tim and I said, make sure you have it adjusted correctly. Its set up a bit differently than the CB's so you just have to figure out where you like to store your stuff.

You got the smaller bag so it would be nice to hear your thoughts on it.

Last edited:
Kirt, give the bag a fair shot. Like Tim and I said, make sure you have it adjusted correctly. Its set up a bit differently than the CB's so you just have to figure out where you like to store your stuff.

You got the smaller bag so it would be nice to hear your thoughts on it.

Yeah, what Walter said. I loaded it down Saturday with everything that was in my saddle bag + some other stuff...again, it was like it wasn't there.

Love it

I have had the pack for over a year now and love the design. However I feel it's overkill for any ride expcept a very long day where I need to carry lots of "stuff". The fit is adjustable and for someone like me with a long torso it's very welcomed compared to any other hydration pack I have tried. The hip belt support is a little bulky and took some time to get adjusted but like any new piece of gear you need to use it a bit before you can make a fair judgement.

I also use it as a day hiking pack where I think it really excels. I have plenty of room for everything (water/food/shoes etc.) I have never found a great smaller back pack with wonderful support. I also like the fact they supplied a nice waterproof cover in the bottom pocket which has come in handy a few times. I can see why people may be turned off at the price but for a pack that will last a very long time and has multiple uses I think it's well worth the investment.

100oz Hydrapak Bladder Sale

NASHBAR for $8
I see myself with an ergon bag in the forseeable future for commuting/trips/long rides. If you ride with me or live near me, are you interested in one too? I don't want to pay just as much for shipping. So whoever is interested give me a shout so we can split shipping. :)

It's a great bag but I probably haven't used it in about a year. I just found it to be to big(storage area wise) for my riding style. This bag would be great for the person that likes to carry a lot of stuff with them on every ride. I found that 9 out of 10 times I was just riding around with a half full bag on my back.

Walter. From trying out yours, I agree with you. It's too big, clunky, and straps are cumbersome for every ride. It would be the perfect bag for commuting and self supported rides. Even the BD1 is flappy. My Deuter Air bag did well on my Bootleg Trip but this bag would have been money. My bag was packed to the brim and then some. I am really digging the 2010 redesign of the BD2 (now BC3) and I hope to get my hands on one of those.
bc2-pack1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom