Enduro (coil?) shock for DH tech 230x65

kaitlyn

My park bike is a Gt Carbon Force Elite with the stock the RockShox Super Deluxe Select R. It's basically not tunable without me taking it out of the frame and putting a pipe wrench to it. It's really stiff (the compression adjustment) and I basically pack it down when doing the Creek's tech. Yes, I had both the lbs and the guys in the Creek shop look at it, and they both said, "wow, that's really stiff", even after the yearly servicing.

Looking to upgrade. I do mostly the tech right now, building skills.

Does that shock have an adjustment for high-speed compression? That's the adjustment you really want for rocks/roots/chatter on trail. If your shock doesn't have it and you're on the lighter end of the rider weight spectrum then it could be that the compression valving is too heavy for you.

If you're looking to switch to a coil shock I'd either look for one that can be re-valved for your weight and riding style, or one that has separate high-speed and low-speed compression adjustments from the factory. If you want to stick with Rock Shox I believe the Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate has separate HSC/LSC adjustments. Just make sure you order the correct spring weight.

Best bang for your buck Marzocchi bomber cr. The new rocks shox super delux coil with high and low speed adjustments along with bottom out adjustments is going to be hard to beat for sale prices right now .

My park bike is a Gt Carbon Force Elite with the stock the RockShox Super Deluxe Select R. It's basically not tunable without me taking it out of the frame and putting a pipe wrench to it. It's really stiff (the compression adjustment) and I basically pack it down when doing the Creek's tech. Yes, I had both the lbs and the guys in the Creek shop look at it, and they both said, "wow, that's really stiff", even after the yearly servicing.

Looking to upgrade. I do mostly the tech right now, building skills.
My Kenevo came with the same shock and I really did not like the way it worked. I opened the air can and found it came with a Nardog token in it….thats 2 1/2 tokens. I pulled the token out and the shock completely changed…. Still needed a lot of psi to set sag…. Still not a great shock but I suggest pulling any tokens from the shock.

Went with a Float X, seems to really work well.

Back
Top Bottom