East Setauket, LI

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Had a 18 mile ride at ES today (iPhone only reports 14 because it's so damn twisty):

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/20444011

Kinda funny what LI folks consider "technical" and a "climb". Anyway, there are many challenging hills, on par with Hartshorne - I would say many more ups and downs at ES, but w/o any rocks and minimal roots. I must also say the folks out there do a great job with the land and terrain that's available.

All fast twisty single track - ton of fun - I think I hit only 100 yards of double track. If I had to do it over again, I would do all the leg/lung burners 1st .. i.e. do the West side 1st, then the North , then go back to the East. By the end I was pretty wiped out and riding the granny. An energy bar and more than 4hrs of sleep probably would have helped, but I didn't bring any :rolleyes:

It's the toughest (legal) park in LI in terms of cardio & hills. Trails are very well marked .. follow all the signs for the black diamond trails. Go check it out sometime!

Last edited:
Hey Jimmy,

Sounds like it would have been a better option me than 6m. Let me know when you plan to head back out there.

Back
Top Bottom