E-Bikes now the norm?

Are E-bikes the new normal?

• Total voters
I've been riding my eMTB lately and certainly have tried not to be a jerk about it. As mentioned previously, they are no help on DH sections (the weight is actually a bit of a hindrance), and on climbs I'm happy to ride wherever I am in the group. Yes, I have an easier time climbing on the bike, but hopefully regular group ride etiquette prevails among the eBike riders as it would with acoustic bike riders.

I don't typically have time to ride my bike during the week due to other commitments (family, sports, work, etc), so the eBike allows me to participate in social rides on weekends despite not being in the best physical condition. Since buying it, I'm excited about riding again, and it's been a whole lot of fun exploring new trails and being able to ride the fun sections multiple times. From a scheduling perspective, I can ride a lot more trails in a limited amount of time. So...for me, it's been a huge factor in getting back into biking as much as possible.
I’m all for this 👍 I know at least a couple of VERY talented technical riders that literally just don’t have the time to put into fitness like they used to but still want to get out and shred. A lot of the fun stuff isn’t easy to get to and you want to have some strength left when you get to it. I think there’s going to be a lot more of this especially as the more aggressive enduro style eBikes get better and better.

not to mention those of us who will be trying to coach NICA in our 60s. I said I'll allow myself to look at them at 65. Sounds fair, right :thumbsup:
of course our "fast group" coaches are my age but I'm ignoring that.

one of my oldest buddies who used to ride regularly has been off a bike for the last 10 years due to a variety of work injuries / illness. a few weeks ago he bought himself a cube full squish e bike and HE'S BACK! i couldn't be more pumped to have one of my riding pals back on the trails. in my view, this is the best use case for the ebike. let's face it, someone who rides an ebike like an asshole, will ride ANY bike like an asshole!

View attachment 135509

I just think it's the water in NJ that makes as holes out of us or something.

We did talk to an ebiker on Saturday he parallel parked his pickup truck at the batcave lot.

He went back and corrected it after we spoke.

Back
Top Bottom