Discovering High Mtn

B

bwonderin

Having just moved to Glen Rock I found High Mtn from this website and with little more than a "well, its close" set out to give it a try. Have to say, I was plesantly supprised with High Mtn. After a false start setting out on a trail that fizzled out and wound up in someones back year, I got on some ATV tracks that led in to the park and eventually to some single track.

I barely scratched the surface of what this place has to offer but I am excited to explore. If anyone is headding in there the weekend of 9/26 I'd be glad to try and meet up.

The area is definately under ridden by bikes, and there are ATVs to be careful of, but given it's proximity to home, I am not about to complain. It actually reminds me of Mianus in CT except instead of whiny trout fishermen you get ATVs.

If anyone has ever seen a map of this place please post.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
The map of that place is in my head. I'm half mile away on the North Haledon Side. Let me know when you want to ride. I could do rides after work. Where did you start from, the college?

liong71er

i ride here almost 3 times a week....the trails is back in my hand.
i live in clifton, so i usually rides from my apt to high mountain the heading down back again via garret mountain/riffle camp park,..total mileage is 28 mile.rides on tue,thu and sat.
tomorrow i'll be here around 2 pm,...so if you saw an asian guy riding SS,yell if you saw me:D

B

bwonderin

Mix - is there a web link to your head?

Asian guy - I think I did see you heading in there, I was on a road ride and I saw you headding there off High Mtn Rd. Small velo world.

I may try and ride Saturday if it is not a monsoon, entering from the William Patterson parking lot on the trail side of the road that runs up to the college.

cell is 203 240 0626 if there are any takers

liong71er

i'll be there around 2-2:30pm tomorrow(sat)
bwonderin-i think i saw you too,last week on high mtn rd climb:)
small world indeed,...

B

bwonderin

Mix, Liong,
I can ride today (Sat) at 4pm or pretty much any time tomorrow.

Sorry for the late notice but I have a sick 1yr old and a resultantly cranky wife at home!

Brian

disco

Here is where I enter I believe it is the red trail that heads up that side of the mountain. What time on Saturday were you planning on riding?

Hi There, newbie to the site but have been riding Bergen cty about 5 yrs now

just discovered High Mtn trails (oddly enough) this spring, I usually enter where you've described (near the turnabout in the neighborhood)

where are the "goods" in this place?? I've done a good bit of exploring but good sections are few and far between, nearly broke myself on my rigid SS

do you usually stick to the red trail? I am going to try to enter the park from the WP college parking lot and see if things are better over there

thanks

disco

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6988302

That is just about everything in there.

Its Red to yellow, back to red, to white, to yellow over the top, red back to Franklin Lakes.

Here is a map from Wayne Township. Looks like a few of the trails I used are missing.

http://www.waynetownship.com/maps/mountainpark.pdf

many thanks for the routes - might try to give it a go on the full suspension this w/e

not the greatest trails but you can't beat the convienence, it's only a couple of miles from my house......hard to break away from the wife and kids long enough to do a decent ride at Ringwood/Skyline!

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Rode this afternoon, still pretty wet in there and a bunch of branches down. Watch out for the few new trees across the trails!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions