Dinosaurs

Dingo

I've seen people with strollers in the jumpline gulch. Also ran into a family on the yellow trail looking for the dinosaurs.. wrong campground.. felt bad for the kids.
Yeah seen that a few times, while pushing the stroller up the wrong way.

mfennell

Well ever since they caught a hollering for letting their dogs play with the seals at Sandy Hook, they need something else to F up. 🙄
Ugh, speaking of dogs, my friend and I encountered a woman walking her aggressive, completely untrained dog in Huber Sunday AM. She could barely - barely - keep him under control. "I'm so sorry, he's a rescue and doesn't like bikes". :rolleyes: My friend was angry like I've never seen him (I only see him riding, so he's always happy!). Angry in a "I should just keep my mouth shut for a few minutes" way. A few years ago he ended up in the hospital after a bite in the woods under similar circumstances except the dog overpowered the owner that time.

I was naive to the risk. Where he immediately jumped off and placed his bike in the way, I initially just casually sat there like an idiot with my tasty, tasty (and beautifully shaped, I might add) calf fully exposed.

He actually has a rescue dog. It's a great dog but he'd still never bring it to walk in the woods because you just never know how they might react. This lady knew but she brought it anyway.

MMuller

Ugh, speaking of dogs, my friend and I encountered a woman walking her aggressive, completely untrained dog in Huber Sunday AM. She could barely - barely - keep him under control. "I'm so sorry, he's a rescue and doesn't like bikes". :rolleyes: My friend was angry like I've never seen him (I only see him riding, so he's always happy!). Angry in a "I should just keep my mouth shut for a few minutes" way. A few years ago he ended up in the hospital after a bite in the woods under similar circumstances except the dog overpowered the owner that time.

I was naive to the risk. Where he immediately jumped off and placed his bike in the way, I initially just casually sat there like an idiot with my tasty, tasty (and beautifully shaped, I might add) calf fully exposed.

He actually has a rescue dog. It's a great dog but he'd still never bring it to walk in the woods because you just never know how they might react. This lady knew but she brought it anyway.
Just hope you don't run into my killer dog if he's in a foul mood, what with your meaty calves.
FB_IMG_1587425413059.jpg

Last edited:

slinky

I was out in the pine grove to take save the date photos with my Fiancée last weekend but popped over to check out the dinosaurs. There were a TON of people milling about. I kinda miss that area being a quiet place to take a break while riding but maybe that’s the grumpy old man in me starting to show.

There was also more than normal trash and people had added their own stuff to the area using stuff not found out there I.e. paracord, plastic, etc. a little disappointing.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was out in the pine grove to take save the date photos with my Fiancée last weekend but popped over to check out the dinosaurs. There were a TON of people milling about. I kinda miss that area being a quiet place to take a break while riding but maybe that’s the grumpy old man in me starting to show.

There was also more than normal trash and people had added their own stuff to the area using stuff not found out there I.e. paracord, plastic, etc. a little disappointing.
More important, What's the date? I have to mark my calendar.. :*)

THATmanMANNY

I was just there a week ago. Friday afternoon and cool fall weather kept the place real quiet. It is a very magical space even without the dinos. I was just me and Robin the artist :)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions