Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

TPI_Elky

Went for a quick ride on the white loop this morning. Was a little worried with all the rain lately, but the trails were in great shape. Little damp in parts, but no mud. Only saw one little bit of standing water near the power line.

xc62701

There's still a few trees down that wreck the flow on the black river trail(across the pond from the Black River Barn). Is this part of Dickerson Mine? The rest of the trails are in great condition although white up towards the mulch pile is getting overgrown.

TPI_Elky

Main trail (white blazes) was in good shape. The first loop to the left when going clockwise from the stone lot was a little soft past the stream crossings. Orange was in good shape but completely killed me (first time I tried)

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's still a few trees down that wreck the flow on the black river trail(across the pond from the Black River Barn). Is this part of Dickerson Mine? The rest of the trails are in great condition although white up towards the mulch pile is getting overgrown.
As far as I know those are two different parks... though the Black River side is so small most people just group them together.

Main trail (white blazes) was in good shape. The first loop to the left when going clockwise from the stone lot was a little soft past the stream crossings. Orange was in good shape but completely killed me (first time I tried)
Half of the scratches on my bike came from that orange trail lol. It is not for the faint of heart.

Side note... I was there late afternoon on Saturday and saw 2 dirtbikes coming off of white trail... damnit.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

I will be working on the overgrowth on white this weekend probably.

As far as I know those are two different parks... though the Black River side is so small most people just group them together. .

That's correct. Sometimes I will go in and clear that trail but that property is part of Roxbury trails.

https://hikeroxbury.org/trail-maps/black-river-park-trail/

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

I got to that tree this afternoon and did a bunch of cutback at Black River. I also cut back White coming up from the gravel lot.
IMG_0289.JPG

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I went yesterday. Did the white loop to blue loop. Holy crap is it rocky! Not used to that yet lol.
Blue is a great trail to learn rock garden skills. It’s much more flat than some of the gnarlier trails in North Jersey. It’s super fun once you figure out the lines.

Blue is a great trail to learn rock garden skills. It’s much more flat than some of the gnarlier trails in North Jersey. It’s super fun once you figure out the lines.
Yeah, I'll definitely go back there to learn. Got a buddy who lives nearby and rides that a lot, so I'll link up with him some time.

goldsbar

Awesome job on the TM! If there's one thing I learned about the smaller parks, it's that one or two people with commitment can really keep a park in great shape. I chip in a bit, but nothing like you have in that picture. Mahlon and Allamuchy are filled with buzz killing downed trees now, often a mile or more apart. Much harder to keep those places in shape.

TPI_Elky

Rode there this morning. Everything was good except for the first loop off of white (the one with two stream crossings). That was a little muddy in parts.

xc62701

Great job on the trees and the brushback Jason! I was there yesterday and it was good to not have to fight to get through the trails.

qclabrat

how does the Mine handle rain like we're having today? Considering a ride tomorrow afternoon, first timer

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions