Diablo.....

mattg

Diablo was so much fun sat and Sunday. They need to make dominion jumps bigger. I hate landing on the bottom of all the jumps.

Cha1985

You need to slow down a little bit and land each jump perfectly that way ur able to make that last jump on upper into the turn....

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Yes it was a great day, lets see...My themos was swinging from my handle bars on the way from my truck to the lift and got caught on my knee and a did a high speed slide onto the ground and pulled a muscle in my back and wrenched my wrist, so I proceedeed to the top and did my normal warmup run down dominion where the cable bolt on my derailler ripped off my brand new $4k bike, outta frustration I went right into covenant and off the cannon, at this point I realized that new brakes dont brake and almost slammed into 4 dudes chilling at the bottom of the landing, spent a hundo on a new x9, installed, because I didnt bring tools, then I went back up and watched one of my best friends pile drive his head into the landing on anthem because some fvck laid an elaborate mess of branches in the landing, kinda glad he went first, because Im usually the one pile driving dirt, and spent the rest of the day wondering why I didnt fit my bike, because the bars are too wide and stem to low and my old ass aching back was callin me a ***** all day. Epic!! Sorry, no vids or pics to share, oh and forgot to mention the douchbag of the day that came by and said I couldnt grill in the parking lot. I simply expained that nothing aside from finger prints and handcuffs were gonn prevent me from cooking up my bubba burgers, he could sense the kind of day I was having.

So I woke up yesterday and went to my trails hoping to have a better day and I did. It goes against everything in my constitution to build a cheese wedge, and I did, for the new riders, because at this point I feel its important. The new guy was stoked outta his mind to ride the beggining of a new line with a berm, 2 rollers, and the smallest double this side of the universe. Yea, I might be ok.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Jesus. No wonder I never ran into you on Saturday! My day was exactly the opposite, I hit EVERYTHING with style and grace and had zero mechanical problems. The only hiccup was having to bail mid jump off the Salvation kicker when some dude in front of me landed bad and broke his ankle. Luckily I walked away without a scratch and the bike was fine. :cool:

ebarker9

I really wonder what a year's worth of injury reports looks like. There was the guy wandering around with the broken collarbone, apparently this guy with the broken ankle, watched another person fall off the second wall-ride with possibly a broken ankle, at least one bike carried down the hill via pickup while I was there, the guy who ate it on Anthem due to the debris...and that was just the first day (and incidents that I know of).

Cha1985

Hey guys ill be heading back up to Diablo this Sunday if anyone wants to ride send a message my way. I know ridin alone sucks that's why I'm posting this up. See u guys soon

Cha1985

I'll be on a 2011 bam 1 and my friend will be on a rocky mountain. Just look for the Beachwood bikes jerseys

Free-Rider

Lookin forward to riding with you guys saw a couple trains of you guys from the hop on hop off to the table after....you guys were smoooooth

J-Dro

Yeah that was me and my friends. We were there all weekend.

When we saw you guys on Sunday, I mentioned to Free-Rider how ironic it was that the only bike shop in NJ that has any kind of DH vibe is from the flatlands at the shore. :)

Cha1985

For Sunday if anyone wants to ride with us. Look for the Beachwood bikes jerseys. Quote " we will ride Any trail at any pace". See you guys there around 9am

mattg

When we saw you guys on Sunday, I mentioned to Free-Rider how ironic it was that the only bike shop in NJ that has any kind of DH vibe is from the flatlands at the shore. :)

It's because we like hang time. Lol. Lots of that at diablo.

Cha1985

Saturday morning

Hey guys I'm heading up to Diablo this morning and staying all weekend again. If anyone wants to Ride meet us in the parking lot around 9am. Look for the Bam on top of the scion. I'm not hard to miss lol

Top Bottom