deerpark and stephens combo (5,582 elev.)

Here has become one of my regular routes, after loading it on motionbase I coudn't belive the elevation gain:scared: The downhill from the top of stephens is a leg burner,very long.http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8158382

I suspect that if you process this GPS file using motionbased "Gravity" option, that the elevation would be much less. Looking at your ride summary on motionbased, the GPS quality is listed as fair. That means that there is a lot of noise on the signal which translates into false elevation gain/loss.

The option that I'm talking about is buried in the motionbased web site. When your logged in click 'Preferences', then click the 'Tune Up' tab, then select the MB Gravity option: 'MB should use MB Gravity to clean up my GPS elevation upon submission from Inbox to Digest.'

If you reprocess the file using that option, I'll bet my bottom dollar that the elevation would be much less.

Looks like a fun loop nonetheless.;)

Yeah i would suspect that maybe off though my legs do tell a different story there is a lot of climbing in this ride, I'll try it again and see what comes up!

That means that there is a lot of noise on the signal which translates into false elevation gain/loss.

Even when the signal quality is decent, there is still too much error in the altitude readings to put a lot of stock in them. Especially on long rides as relatively small amount of error can end up being a huge cumulative error.

There is a little out-and-back on the road I do that is just sort of 20 miles long. With my Garmin 605, I've gotten total ascent/decent numbers ranging from 625 ft to 1600 ft on different rides.

This would be why the Garmin 705 has an altimeter built into it...

I've done half that ride with my son. It's pretty much in our back yard, the elevation it a bitch. But it's probably more in the 500-800ft range...which is still nuts. Most of the time we end up walking the bikes up, perhaps one day when we get good enough we will ride it all the way up.

What part of the route is Stephens? I frequently ride Deer Park and I'd love to find a way to add more mileage too it without have to double sections up.

What part of the route is Stephens? I frequently ride Deer Park and I'd love to find a way to add more mileage too it without have to double sections up.

If you look at mattyBfat's GPS map, it's the loop to the right side of Waterloo Rd.

you will have to double up on the orange trail of deer park a screamer going down but brutal going up. Look for newly blazed pink and loop that and then you are gonna have to try to find rest on own. Post up if you want a go at it. Should be doing early am on sunday...

Yeah, I'm familiar with that Orange climb. I typically avoid it b/c though taking it down was nice, it used to just dead end onto Waterloo. Now that you're saying there's another loop to explore, I definitely check that out.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Back
Top Bottom