Deer Park Conditions

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Time for a crew and tools and permission of course.
We have parking lot just needs a small track punched in the exsiting.

Fat Trout

Check out the email I just got in regards to my inquiry with the state police!

Subject: Deer Park Road

Good afternoon, as follow up to your inquiry to the NJ State Park Police regarding the closure of Deer Park Road to public access. The road in question, while a primary access point to a section within Allamuchy Mountain State Park, is actually a private road as it was vacated by the Township of Allamuchy. DEP has been consulting with the private residents also property owners of the road to seek a resolution on making the needed improvements to the road and to allow the public to access the state park. The private residences have removed signs and the public may once again enter the park from this location. However, please be mindful that park hours are dawn to dusk and to be respectful to the private residences along this road and follow all state park service rules and regulations.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Robin Madden, Manager
Assistant Commissioner’s Office
NJDEP – Natural & Historic Resources
609 292-3541

gpTron

How are conditions? Going to my inlaws' house for the weekend (leaving tomorrow early afternoon) and want to know if I should bring my bike. Looking to go early Saturday.

roc

How are conditions? Going to my inlaws' house for the weekend (leaving tomorrow early afternoon) and want to know if I should bring my bike. Looking to go early Saturday.
I just rode Stephens which Is close to deer park. It was pretty awesome. Rocks were a little sweaty.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Bring your bike. Deer Park, Stephens, and Allamuchy North are all within a 10 minute drive of each other.

Off The Road Again

Hope you have an SUV if going to Deer Park Rd lot - holy crap, that was the worst condition I've seen a couple weeks ago in the 20 yrs going there. Trails are still great, so that's what counts!!

gpTron

Hope you have an SUV if going to Deer Park Rd lot - holy crap, that was the worst condition I've seen a couple weeks ago in the 20 yrs going there. Trails are still great, so that's what counts!!
I went for the first (only) time on leap year day back in Feb. I read all about the road, but I wasn't expecting it to be THAT bad. Jesus.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Tried a ride from the 7-11 yesterday and it’s tough. Frozen XC ski tracks and postholes all the way in (70% rideable if you lower your pressures, but not really fun). We found some magic snow on the sides of the established trails but not enough to make it worthwhile. Packed it in after a couple of miles. Win some, lose some.

gpTron

Is this/will this place be good by Sunday morning? Going to my inlaws tomorrow into Sunday and was wondering if it's worth bringing the bike.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm sorry I can't commit with specifics. Been down and out with Covid for the past 2+ weeks and have done zero riding or recon.

My guess is that most of the trails will be good to go while some typical wet areas will have some wet spots.

I would give it a go.

gpTron

There was a section that was wet as far as I could see. Turned around. Still had fun on the rest of what I did.

xc62701

The area that was wet is probably one of 3 areas that should have had reroutes 25 years ago. Deer park is the redheaded stepchild of mooch parks, take what you get and don't ask questions 😀

That trail is always awful. Every time I ride it I remind myself to not go that way again...

Fat Trout

7-11 entrance is passable now for those interested.
PXL_20210614_194138580.jpg
PXL_20210614_202226772.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom