D&R Canal Toe Path Question

Mr_T

I took my kids on Toe Path, starting at Canal Road and Blackwells Mills. My daughter was not crazy riding on the small loose stone. Is there a portion nearby that's just dirt?

Thanks!

Not along the D&R, but if you hit up the blue trail at 6 mile from the canal lot it's pretty easy riding for the first few miles, might give that a shot.

I took my kids on Toe Path, starting at Canal Road and Blackwells Mills. My daughter was not crazy riding on the small loose stone. Is there a portion nearby that's just dirt?

Thanks!

I might suggest you take her to the field areas at Clayton. There is plenty of dirt/grass areas around the farmers fields that you can ride with her.

Thanks!

Park at the Rt. 27 lot in Kingston, near Rider furniture and ride south towards princeton along Carnegie Lake. Its smooth hardpack with less roots in that area. I think she'll like that surface better.

Last edited:
Park at the Rt. 27 lot in Kingston, near Rider furniture and ride north towards princeton along Carnegie Lake. Its smooth hardpack with less roots in that area. I think she'll like that surface better.

DO you mean "South" toward Princeton, as Kingston is Northeast of Princeton.

Thanks!

DO you mean "South" toward Princeton, as Kingston is Northeast of Princeton.

Thanks!

Yes from Kingston you will head south. This is a nice pretty flat area. You will probably have to walk with her over the rocky dike area, but its a nice ride through that area.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions