Custom Wheel Build

I've had Jay at Halters lace up my MTB wheels (Stans Crest) for my Scalpel last year. They are still true today, which is a good thing.

Not sure how central you are, but give them a ring/stroll by. I'm sure they are looking for something to do besides build fat bikes ;)

Agreed, Halters will build a good wheel for you. It's not too too far from you, so give it a shot.

Yes, you're in Metuchen (according to another post). I'm right next door in Edison. Halter's is where it's at!

any suggestions for further north? I am investigating the plunge into carbon wheels.

See bill at permont cycles....they also have one of those spoke machines that cuts and threads the spokes for custom sizes.....

Not sure what size you are trying to build or it's intent but I just posted a custom set Down Cycles (AJ) built for me 1 year ago. It's stans flow rims 26" with dt swiss double butted spokes and red hope pro II evo hubs. These are convertible to any axle size; both front and rear.

maybe it's not custom custom, but carbon 29er, I'd like someone to convince me that I need the Enve xc 29er wheels. I've been thinking about getting a new bike, but can't find anything I like better than what I have so that leaves me with upgrades.

I'll let you know..

I had Niko at Planet Bike in East Brunswick build me a set.. I'm picking them up this weekend.

I heard Colin @ Bicycle Pro in Bordentown is really good as well.

If I didn't get a decent deal @ Planet bike, I would've used Colin.

What are the thoughts on carbon wheel set brands? Easton haven, specialized roval, Reynolds, enve, stans valor, etc

Back
Top Bottom