This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

WTF.... a fruit tests positive for CV19?
I think they are saying faulty tests. But, if true... what does this mean?

noticing a change in mentality from coworkers and neighbors. Neighbors are having parties, coworkers are seeing family members, things like that.
It hasn't gone away. MorganStanley predicts that 1/2 their employees at most will be back in offices by summer and they won't hesitate to pull the plug if there's a second wave in the fall.

Follow their lead IMHO.

hard to call it a resurgence when only 5% (estimate) of the population has had it, and it hasn't been eradicated.....

Plenty of fertile ground out there.

if i'm comparing the last two weeks' cycles - this week is worse than last for the non-ny/nj crowd.

View attachment 127966

mountain out of mole hill - basically flat for a month now. Expect cases to go up as testing increases and more asymptomatics found, but deaths will decline. To get an idea about testing (USA totals):

April 14 - 150,000 tests, 17% positive
May 5 - 259,000 tests, 8.5% positive

mountain out of mole hill - basically flat for a month now. Expect cases to go up as testing increases and more asymptomatics found, but deaths will decline. To get an idea about testing (USA totals):

April 14 - 150,000 tests, 17% positive
May 5 - 259,000 tests, 8.5% positive

that is just about the same number. and they only test suspected or exposed - so that kinda self selects into the worse case percentage.

hard to call it a resurgence when only 5% (estimate) of the population has had it, and it hasn't been eradicated.....

Plenty of fertile ground out there.

Exactly.

-------

I think we (more specifically our government leadership, but it's easier to just type "we") need to identify and communicate what our long term strategy is here. Are "we" certain a vaccine will be successfully developed at some point in the reasonably near future or even at all? If the answer is yes then it seems the current way of life is prudent until the vaccine is readily available to all of us. If the answer is no then I think the strategy should be to try and achieve herd immunity as quickly as possible while those in high risk groups take extreme precautions to not get exposed.

All I know is that the current "lockdown" isn't sustainable for indefinitely for many reasons and I haven't heard any serious talk about what our exit strategy is.

Exactly.

-------

I think we (more specifically our government leadership, but it's easier to just type "we") need to identify and communicate what our long term strategy is here. Are "we" certain a vaccine will be successfully developed at some point in the reasonably near future or even at all? If the answer is yes then it seems the current way of life is prudent until the vaccine is readily available to all of us. If the answer is no then I think the strategy should be to try and achieve herd immunity as quickly as possible while those in high risk groups take extreme precautions to not get exposed.

All I know is that the current "lockdown" isn't sustainable for indefinitely for many reasons and I haven't heard any serious talk about what our exit strategy is.
Should we be talking herd immunity when they are not even sure immunity is possible?
They say, very likely... but they are not 100%. There are things about this virus that are still unknown.

Exactly.

-------

Exit strategy seems to be disbanding the Covid 19 Task Force, go campaign and leave this crap for the Governors to deal with.

Seriously? "exit strategy" has been pretty much all that has been discussed recently. 3 phase approach to re-opening. A vaccine will come, likely by year end.

-Panera in NYC (Queens) let's you fill your own cup of coffee, sweetener/milk etc, inside the restaurant. No sitting and have to wear a mask, but I thought that was interesting especially being NYC.

Quick Chek has put their self-serve coffee back out as well.

Back
Top Bottom