Continental Road Tires

Tim

aka sptimmy43
So I ordered a set of GP 5000 TLs in 700x28C on Amazon for my road bike a bit ago. They finally came about 2 weeks ago….from China. I was under the impression that Conti tires were made in Germany. Hell, the carcass of the tire says “Made in Germany” on it. I think I already know the answer but are these things counterfeit?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So I ordered a set of GP 5000 TLs in 700x28C on Amazon for my road bike a bit ago. They finally came about 2 weeks ago….from China. I was under the impression that Conti tires were made in Germany. Hell, the carcass of the tire says “Made in Germany” on it. I think I already know the answer but are these things counterfeit?
Fake Conti tubes are very common and from quick searches, apparently a bunch of fake tires too.
If you bought them from some eBay random sites, probably fake . It looks like you can tell by imperfect logos/printing on the tire.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Fake Conti tubes are very common and from quick searches, apparently a bunch of fake tires too.
If you bought them from some eBay random sites, probably fake . It looks like you can tell by imperfect logos/printing on the tire.
Bought on Amazon allegedly from the “Continental Store.” Definitely shipped from China. I’m pretty sure they are fake…

Top Bottom