Conditions

Park is open @ 8am I believe. You will need to park in the back. You may be taking a chance riding there with lights early in the am. Remember it's a reservoir & there is some security concerns. I don't know this as fact, just an assumption on my part.

:hmmm: I guess I'll scratch that idea for now then. Maybe I'll go try the Budd Lake side of Stephens. I'm guessing CR will be pretty messy?

Tell me what is my best bet then .. I'm leaving Fort Lee around 5am and need to be in Lebanon by 9am. That's why I was thinking Round Valley. Anything in between is fair game. I guess I'll go as far detour as Allamuchy if I have to.

Last edited:
Gates at round valley open at 8am, put cushetunk has no gates. Not sure on their hours though. They are open later than RV at the end of the day.

conditions today were pretty muddy. Are we permitted to ride on the trails with the bird feeders?

Last edited:
I believe all are legal except the Pine Tree Trail. I forget what blazes are on it though. As you head out of the South Lot the trail begins on the right. All of the major/maintained trails have signs at the beginning listing what is allowed on them.

conditions today were pretty muddy. Are we permitted to ride on the trails with the bird feeders?

Bird feeders... ummm. On the "King of the Hill" climb, there are some bird boxes. Lately we've been able to ride the entire park with no problems. Just don't get caught after or near closing because they will thrash you:getsome:

RV King of the Hill

Are you actually able to ride this King of the Hill section?
I admire you and would love to see it done.
I'm a relative newbie - and 55 years old. That climb is a killer. It's a walk and carry the bike for me.

Is it possible to do a complete loop of the reservoir? I have started from Cushetunk headed clockwise around the Reservoir and got to a point where the trail sort of disappared. I turned round and went back. I've started from the reservoir side on the trail near the main gate going counterclockwise and came to a point where there was a fork and I was unsure which way to go. Again turned round and went back.

Are there any good trail maps or directions to circumnavigate the reservoir?

muddy? really...

Yup muddy. I went to round valley because it usually drains well. But there was snow/ ice melting causing muddy conditions.

I didnt go up the "king of the hill" only down. i went up the back of the hill on my way back to the parking lot. Maybe someday when the ground is dryer ill try it the other way.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions