Commencal Meta 29 Trail vs SC Tallboy 3 or ?????

TimBay

The only shop was right next door to you ?
Did you buy the large? Ha. I popped in there to see if they had some I could check out, the L and M were supposed to be coming in a week...this was a week before shutdown. I was so looking forward to throwing a leg over one.

Johnny Utah

Belmar Bikes has Ripmo’s....your welcome
9220D34C-D9A6-4ED6-BFD3-7B9470C61F0F.jpeg

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That build looks pretty in line with the other options that were thrown around here. Should be a really fun bike.

Wolfjon

Reviews, spec, sizing, and price. Most reviews were pretty good and the sizing was similar to the XL WFO9 I previously liked. The spec was pretty good out of the box at $2500. Figure, give it a whirl. I'll probably swap out the tires, stem, saddle and bars in the future.
Damm Really great price.. I paid slightly more for the normal alloy 50 for my son back in the fall including they discounted it since hes a NICA kid..
FYI he definitely loves the bike.. rides north jersey rocks and tech all the time on it.

mtbiker87

The alloy 50 is a good deal in my opinion, if you really compare what you're getting to other similar bikes. Everyone goes nuts for the Ripmo AF, and I get it, it's has really progressive geo, and good suspension for the money. But me, I'll take Shimano XT over Sram NX all day long. You need to spend 4k to get the SLX Ripmo AF. Even more for GX. Not saying it's not a great bike for the money, but there are other aluminum bikes in that range that are just as comparable values. The RM Instinct, and Divinci Troy are two. And if you'er thinking you need longer and slacker, right now, you can get a '19 Transition Sentinel, GX, carbon frame, for 4k.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dont be fooled that DVO suspension was worth every penny on a dwlink over a single pivot any day of the week, JM2C. Those other mechanical parts can be found on the cheap without a big suspension upgrade cost. But any new bike is a good bike until the next new bike :)

Top Bottom