Coffee

one piece crank

My local preference is Black Eddy's Darkness, from Homestead Coffee Roasters. At home we use a drip cone, which you soon learn how much coffee is required to hit you mark. When camping I have military ammo can that contains a small Moka Pot, stainless dbl-wall cups, lightweight stove + canister, small milk pitcher, battery power frother, plus a airtight containers for coffee and sugar. There is nothing like cranking out an espresso when you're in the middle of nowhere!

Rollin Dice

I'm here a lot. I talk about it alot. It's 2 minutes out of the way on my drive to work so...

Im a big fan of the Jerry's Blend. It's one of the cheaper ones too.
Love this place usually hit it Tues and Thur when I'm in that area. Can I get the Jerry's Blend in pour over?

qclabrat

I'm here a lot. I talk about it alot. It's 2 minutes out of the way on my drive to work so...

Im a big fan of the Jerry's Blend. It's one of the cheaper ones too.
I'm going to give them a try next week
Aeropress has been my go to for years. Usually goes on vacation with me too.
View attachment 79138
These were super popular a few years back. How many cups would you say it's good for before you need to change parts and such.

Mahnken

I'm going to give them a try next week

These were super popular a few years back. How many cups would you say it's good for before you need to change parts and such.
I've had it since 2014 and would say it gets used at least twice a week (sometimes I use it way more, sometimes I go a few weeks without it). I ordered filters for it once (it was a lot of filters). Other than that it works the same as when I bought it.

JDurk

Bumping an old thread. Feel like I'm becoming a coffee snob. With my health journey requiring coffee to be enjoyed black, which I have, been on a search for making a quick, good cup of coffee. This will be for use at work, where the company supplied Maxwell House from the general population percolator in the cafeteria really sucks. Also for use during camping trips with the travel trailer. At home, use a Cuisinart 12 cup drip maker, French press or a Chemex pour over setup. While camping, have been using a French press, but clean up can be a pain in the ass. Good coffee is purchased ground or buy whole bean to grind, both caf and decaf, and sometimes flavors.

What's your go to method for the quick, good cup? Leaning towards the Aeropress that @Mahnken posted above.

Last edited:

GTCHAMPION1

Bumping an old thread. Feel like I'm becoming a coffee snob. With my health journey requiring coffee to be enjoyed black, which I have, been on a search for making a quick, good cup of coffee. This will be for use at work, where the company supplied Maxwell House from the general population percolator in the cafeteria really sucks. Also for use during camping trips with the travel trailer. At home, use a Cuisinart 12 cup drip maker, French press or a Chemex pour over setup. While camping have been using a French press, but clean up can be a pain in the ass. Good coffee is purchased ground or buy whole bean to grind, both caf and decaf, and sometimes flavors.

What's your go to method for the quick, good cup? Leaning towards the Aeropress that @Mahnken posted above.
A good coffee snob definitely travels to Guatemala the land of volcanoes and some damn fine coffee from different altitudes, soil, techniques and passion. No joke, Black Rifle Coffee Company posted a couple of awesome videos on YouTube from their Guatemalan trip when they were looking for the most exquisite coffee. One thing I learned is that good coffee does not need sugar... And this is from a die hard sugar free RedBull addict lol, I drink coffee because my wife makes me 🤫

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oooh great refresh. At home its a Delonghi Eletta for espressos/oat milk lattes, and on the road its Aeropress with the reusable filter. And for both its Roaster's Choice beans from my monthly Onyx coffee subscriptions (Bentonville roastery) interspersed with beans from Founder's (Brooklyn) or Grumpy (NYC).

JDurk

A good coffee snob definitely travels to Guatemala the land of volcanoes and some damn fine coffee from different altitudes, soil, techniques and passion. No joke, Black Rifle Coffee Company posted a couple of awesome videos on YouTube from their Guatemalan trip when they were looking for the most exquisite coffee. One thing I learned is that good coffee does not need sugar... And this is from a die hard sugar free RedBull addict lol, I drink coffee because my wife makes me 🤫
Recent coffee purchases from the following locations

This is on our list to try

one piece crank

Bumping an old thread. Feel like I'm becoming a coffee snob. With my health journey requiring coffee to be enjoyed black, which I have, been on a search for making a quick, good cup of coffee. This will be for use at work, where the company supplied Maxwell House from the general population percolator in the cafeteria really sucks. Also for use during camping trips with the travel trailer. At home, use a Cuisinart 12 cup drip maker, French press or a Chemex pour over setup. While camping, have been using a French press, but clean up can be a pain in the ass. Good coffee is purchased ground or buy whole bean to grind, both caf and decaf, and sometimes flavors.

I make good coffee at home, then take it with me (work, trails, car trip, etc) in a Kinto Travel Tumbler.

Camping, the method all depends on available water resources. If I'm backpacking and filtering my water, I get Via single serving tubes. If I have plenty of water, then it's my SS Moka Pot kit.

I've never done mail-order beans, as I like to actually see them and their visual oil content.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

i recommend the aeropress, they even make a little travel package one which i bought for taking to work to avoid the mud that they pass off as coffee in the kitchen

iv been buying beans from cape may roasters (https://www.lovethecook.com/)

JDurk

i recommend the aeropress, they even make a little travel package one which i bought for taking to work to avoid the mud that they pass off as coffee in the kitchen

iv been buying beans from cape may roasters (https://www.lovethecook.com/)
Thanks for the info. Probably going with the regular Aeropress.

Been buying beans from Cape May Roasters at Love the Cook for a few years. Nor’Easter is always in rotation. Currently I think there is 3 other choices from CM Roasters in the pantry.

krink

Eddie Munster
mail order coffee from Counter Culture is awesome, and cheaper than some of the others. Fresh ground each morning, taken black is my bag, baby.

Their central american suppliers are my favorite.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Been buying beans from Cape May Roasters at Love the Cook for a few years. Nor’Easter is always in rotation. Currently I think there is 3 other choices from CM Roasters in the pantry.

so the go version works the same, just makes a little bit less coffee (3 vs 4 cups iirc), and comes with a nice little cup that everything fits into for storage. I have a standard one at home that i use every day.

my go to is the house blend, and then i sample around other ones depending on my mood.

Robin

Oooh - glad this bumped - need to mix things up - usually get Black River Roasters or Homestead because I can drive/local to pick up. I won Endgrain years ago at the Caffeinated CX race...such good suggestions!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Aeropress is great. And I use mine all the time. But if you have a couple more minutes a regular pour over is also a good option.

A mokapot is really good too for pre ride/race rocket fuel. I’m not sure if it’s in my head or not but when I use mine the caffeine buzz is intensified.

Top Bottom