clipless clicking

jfs22

I have a set of shimano pd-m545's. Granted they're heavy but as my first set of clipless pedals i wanted the platforms for reassurance. I've been riding them for about a year and my right pedal is make a clicking sound when i start the down stroke. Its not my clip coming in and out. I was pushing on it a bit and noticed on the lateral side the part that connects with the pedals platform seems to bend in a lil bit... on the parts pdf file its #5 the cap unit. i even be willing to ditch the platform if it would still work.

i'd just like to know is there any chance of me fixing them or should i start lookin for a new set for when it inevitably breaks?

Here's a link for the pedals http://bike.shimano.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/us/index/products/pedals/mountain/product.-code-PD-M545.-type-pd_mountain.html

Last edited:
sounds iffy, you probably should be ready for reg SPDs by now. I got some for sale, cheap :)

I had a clicking sound in my Shimano SPD's a few years ago.
Drove me nuts finding the problem.
It turned out that the little metal oval thing that the cleat screws go thru on the bottom of the shoe was cracked and made a clicking sound on every pedal stroke.
Get a new one and see if the sound goes away.
Lenny

I had the same sound in shimano xt pedals some time ago. I rebuild them: cleaned, re-lubricated and adjusted bearing. Now they are working like new.

thanks for the feed back.. im gonna mess with them a lil n see what shimano says about their warranty

i just had a click on my spd-sl 105's

tightened some screws and it went away. go figure =]

i took em to marty's. they said i was S.O.L. in terms of fixing them . Said i should throw some lube in em and cross my fingers. so i tightened everything i could tighten bathed it in my chain lube and half way throw my ride realized the noise had stopped ...at least for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom