Clayton Trail Maintenance

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We celebrated Spence's birthday without him this morning at Clayton.

As I've said before, volunteers are scarce these days. That's why I really love the few who do the most. Jah Works.❤

Matt & Crew.
John, @Matt_ , @Frank , Beth, @Purl
20221014_123443.jpg

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@pooriggy

Tiller is an interesting method - looks like you are working both the high side of a bench cut,
and taking the lip off the low side ?????
Anything else going on?
I'm tilling up the old trail after we put in reroute.

Doing this breaks the compacted seal which allows rainwater to penetrate the ground and also allows the organic layer we place on top from the new line to regrow plants.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Thought we were going to have a skeleton crew today but ended up with a solid turnout!

20221028_111015.jpg

20221028_115442.jpg

We're only having one session in November, on Friday the 11th, which happens to be Veterans day. Come help if you can, we have a lot of bench cutting to do to finish this reroute and need a lot of help to close off the old line the same day.

20221028_095048.jpg

Matt_

I Get Jokes
Back at it for 2023!!

We broke ground on the lower section of Toboggan, where it flattens out and the water slows, depositing the sand. The new line is expected to improve the trail use experience for all users while also being easier to maintain for generations to come.

imagejpeg_0(36).jpg
imagejpeg_1(5).jpg
imagejpeg_0(34).jpg
20230120_121527.jpg

Come on out and join us at our next session on Friday, February 3rd at 9am to help finish this historic reroute (I know Fridays are tough for most. We'll be starting Wednesday evening sessions as soon as daylight allows)

Hair Face

We're starting up the bi-weekly Wednesday night trail maintenance sessions again.

First one of the season is this Wednesday, March 22nd. 5-7PM.

Let me or iggy know if you're coming so we can plan TM supplies 🙂

In!

It's going to be a really nice day. Hoping you get a great turn out!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We are back at Clayton tomorrow morning from 9am-12pm to work on the Toboggan section of trail. Hopefully we can finish this project up tomorrow. The weather is perfect for this type of work, come out and join us if you can.

Bring your bike to ride in if you have one.

Let me know if you can make it.

Friday 9am-12pm

161 Emley's Hill Rd Upper Freehold

Resized_20230120_121527.jpeg

Matt_

I Get Jokes
We're back at it on Glen Trail. One of the first trails we tackled but tried to stay within the boundaries of the existing line(s) at the time as we worked to find the balance of what the park manager was comfortable with. Well, anyone who has ridden here recently knows those boundaries have broadened and the park really likes the work!

So with that....
(Thanks for lending a hand, @Juggernaut )

20230609_093014.jpg
20230609_100636.jpg
20230609_104105.jpg
20230609_115730.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions