Chimny Rock Group Ride 10/24

It was a beautiful day to be in the woods, I enjoyed seeing everyone, we had a great turn out.

Thank you ride leaders @Carson @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST @jimvreeland and sweepers.

CR is in great shape due to a strong Jorba chapter leader, @Kirt and a solid group of volunteers. Support your local trails by being a Jorba member and volunteering when you can to work on trails.

20211024_113137.jpg

20211024_093337.jpg

20211024_101813.jpg

Awesome time today, great seeing everyone! Big thanks to Glenn for leading and Iggy and Mitch for sweeping and providing entertainment. This was my first time at Chimney Rock since the last group ride there in 2019, and the trails are better now than they were then. Kudos Kirt, JORBA, High Tech, and all the volunteers.

Looks like an awesome time was had by all, I'd definitely be down for another one!

Would be curious to see a strava log from anyone on the ride, in particular beginners.

Thanks!

Looks like an awesome time was had by all, I'd definitely be down for another one!

Would be curious to see a strava log from anyone on the ride, in particular beginners.

Thanks!
There were three groups...

Social Intermediate
Intermediate Intermediate
Jim Vreeland Intermediate

Here's the middle one...

Thanks Dan! That is SUPER helpful. Based solely on the elevation gain and pace (without even considering the trail itself), the social intermediate would have been more fun for me. Good to know for next time! -kj-

Thanks!

I swept the "beginner/chill-paced ride"... We had a little bit of a gap going between front and back in some spots but not too bad overall.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/AgiPDb6ZFkb

MissJR. perfect. Thanks. I would have enjoyed that. Way more climbing than I'm used to in that distance, but, I think it would have worked out!

Sorry to have missed this!

Damn, I need to pay closer attention to this forum. Kicking myself that I missed this. Was riding there the day before and then same day but at 4. I think I would have been right at home in the social or middle pace.

151A4175-4E7C-46A7-9127-9B88BB2FD2C6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom