Chimney Rock Conditions

I’m sure it’s wet and I’m sure 24,000 people rode it today.

I went by the Ball Field Lot around 10am and there were at least 50 cars with bike racks. Maybe more. There was also a Hot Dog Wagon with a line around it.

From a friend on his ride yesterday...

Simply put, blue trails were a swamp. I rode from my house into the park and have to go through Blue. Wasn't good. White, red are good. Orange & yellow best. I took the road on my return to avoid going through Blue again.

Any thoughts on whether trials here are ok to ride later today? It’s been pretty dry and windy the past few days but I know conditions here have been suboptimal for a while.

Mostly fine yesterday 5/12. Should be better today. Still some solid wet spots/mud holes from the wet winter and additional traffic. Not much can be done at this point other than ignore them (and ride thru them). Millers Lane lot is closed so east side of the park is much quieter than the Newmans area.

Yes overall trails are very dry, but there is still mud and it is still pretty deep and muddy. Yellow was the best and blue the worst (as expected).

Addendum to my earlier post: I parked at the ball fields about 530 based on previous advice. that lot was a bit busy but not crowded at all. Gilbride lot was full, with cars parking on the road (presumably bc Millers lot was closed). When I rode to Newman's lot, it was late (about 7) and looked like that lot had been packed to the gills, with some of the late arrivals parked in some awkward spots.
So when the weather is good, assume that Newman's will be packed, and ball fields is better bet.

Just finished ride. Plentiful of parking at ballfield. Cars packed at Newman and Gilbride along road, blocking yellow trailhead.

Lots of people out so be patient.
I would recommend the ball field lot, I just left Newman’s lane and there were about 3 cars just sitting in the lot waiting for parking spots. I drove by the ballfield after and there was literally 6 cars in the lot. Gotta be careful or they will end up closing the lot or blocking off half and stationing the fuzz there.

Rode Wednesday from Newman's lot at 10:30, only a handful of cars. Rode White, Yellow, Orange and Red. Trails were in great shape other than the last little section of Red before lot. Looked like there were some re-routes done on parts of outer Red near the top - Thanks.

Rode a tour d'chimney yesterday eve. Trail conditions best here in months. Even lower blue was OK! Nearly everything else was totally dry, Amazing.
We parked at ballfields lot; by the time we got to newmans at about 730 it was still almost full.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions