Chimney Rock Conditions

haha, nope, I ride a purple Lenz
think I saw him as I was leaving @5:30, wearing a neon green jersey?

haha, nope, I ride a purple Lenz
think I saw him as I was leaving @5:30, wearing a neon green jersey?

It wasn't that guy, or you!

Just rode it. A few more soggy spots than yesterday, but no deal breakers. Still green!

Still green yes.

But not 4, no way. 3 is more like it. I'd say if you are debating here or somewhere else, go somewhere else. I was a little surprised how wet it still was there. I know it's the spring so compared to what it could be, it's good. But it's not ideal yet. Certainly not the 4.0 it was showing this morning.

Agreed, I did rate it just after posting this. Chose a 3 after seeing the descriptions for each number rating.

All the usual mush this morning. Any drainage impair spot was still well, drainage impaired. Saw a big group out on the Yellow side which is in good shape. Blue is OK except along the bottom where it is very wet still. I give it a 3.

At 7am, no longer perfect like this past Thursday

Rode white to yellow orange red

Boarder line 3, will be a mess after Monday

Rode Blue and Red yesterday, agree with the above. Conditions mostly good, but some spots were really bad. So I gave it a 2 rating. Though with today's rain, that rating is already out of date!

I'll be there after 3:00 today @woody. If you're going we can try to find each other by playing Marco Polo.

MARCO!

good to go

Thanks, t'was good indeed! A gave it a "3" cuz still a few stubborn wet spots.

BTW, there's a pretty big tree down at the bottom of yellow near Gilbride - can you ask Ranger Chris to hit it with a chainsaw?

Thanks, t'was good indeed! A gave it a "3" cuz still a few stubborn wet spots.

BTW, there's a pretty big tree down at the bottom of yellow near Gilbride - can you ask Ranger Chris to hit it with a chainsaw?
That tree is on his list. He said he'd try & get there this week. I saw another on lower Red, eastern most section. I need to let him know about that one.

Agreed on 3 - I rated the same.

And yeah that tree is fine. Woody is just a big wimp.

Both trees were cleared today. Get out there & enjoy the weather, conditions are good!

Man, you beat me to it. I saw them heading in with the chainsaws.

Overall still going with a 3 but it's really nice in there now.

Great conditions Sunday morning. Parked at ball fields, rode the trails behind the fields, and then over to Yellow, including the Hi Tech trail. I think Yellow is overall the toughest trail at CR, considering elevation, steepness and technical (including ROCKS). Of course my opinion is shaded by the bar-end I took to the ribs when attempting (and failing) the new rock feature on Hi Tech!

trails are PRIME! Go get em, just don't be like me. Ate it on Yellow sunday and separated my shoulder

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions