Chimney Rock Conditions

Well, I should have visited the board, as the east area was awful. I thought things would have dried out by now, and I was wrong. Freeze thaw, I guess? Anyways, The only area I saw that wasn't a trail-destroying muckfest (sorry!) was Top Loop, Granola and High Tech. Also, got to say, I'd call every black in this area a blue. I was looking for the tech on High Tech and didn't find it.
Whelp, it's back to wildcat for me.

Well, I should have visited the board, as the east area was awful. I thought things would have dried out by now, and I was wrong. Freeze thaw, I guess? Anyways, The only area I saw that wasn't a trail-destroying muckfest (sorry!) was Top Loop, Granola and High Tech. Also, got to say, I'd call every black in this area a blue. I was looking for the tech on High Tech and didn't find it.
Looking for that kind of tech, maybe you should try Sourlands?

First you rut the trails and then you throw shade? lol.

I agree there’s nothing very technical at CR. That’s why I think it’s a great place to have fast group rides.

Everything is tough when your HR is maxed. :)

I gave Cromwell a shot last night. The older trails were fine and dry. Recently improved areas need to be avoided. I tried the new basketball court trail and it was a mess. Freeze thaw freeze thaw freeze thaw... gonna need some time.

Looking for that kind of tech, maybe you should try Sourlands?
Oh, where is Sourlands? Never heard of it. (looks on trailforks). Hmmm, gonna make me explore Central Jersey some more?
Screen Shot 2024-02-09 at 8.52.51 PM.png

Oh, where is Sourlands? Never heard of it. (looks on trailforks). Hmmm, gonna make me explore Central Jersey some more?View attachment 232438
If you enjoy Wildcat and North Jersey tech and didn’t like CR, nothing in Central Jersey will satisfy you. It’s just not the same. Sourlands is a challenge, but you won’t get the same enjoyment you get up there.

Rode yellow, orange, blue, lower red and white - it’s fine. Mud in some spots, but not a deterrent. The hikers/dogs would be more reason to not go than the trail conditions. (That being said, expected spots on blue/white were the worst).

It’s a beautiful weekend.. just ride somewhere.

Oh, where is Sourlands? Never heard of it. (looks on trailforks). Hmmm, gonna make me explore Central Jersey some more?View attachment 232438
Normally, start on Lower Trail 1 and 2 and go generally clockwise or you're not gonna have a good time. This time of year, lower trails are a muddy mess though. Going straight up the Pipeline to the good stuff basically avoids the mudfest even though pipeline isnt fun. 3 Amigos, Montezuma, Chunky Monkey, and Boulderama are the Tech you seek. DO NOT try to climb Boulderama.

Hey guys, went out in the snow today and lost a Garmin Edge 1030, most likely on Red. I don’t have much hope of finding it, but if you see it anywhere or if someone put it by the parking lot, please let me know!

Hey guys, went out in the snow today and lost a Garmin Edge 1030, most likely on Red. I don’t have much hope of finding it, but if you see it anywhere or if someone put it by the parking lot, please let me know!
What time were you there, was it still snowing? Can't you tell from the app, the last location? I'm heading over there for a hike and will keep a lookout on red

We started after the snow around 745a, ended sometime around 930 maybe.
I walked back up Red to find but there was just so much snow. I’m guessing it fell somewhere in the circled area. Can’t imagine it will still be working when it turns up, but worth hoping. Thanks for keeping an eye out!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 2.13.34 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 2.13.34 PM.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 30
We started after the snow around 745a, ended sometime around 930 maybe.
I walked back up Red to find but there was just so much snow. I’m guessing it fell somewhere in the circled area. Can’t imagine it will still be working when it turns up, but worth hoping. Thanks for keeping an eye out!
Sorry no luck, but someone took care of this tree in the morning, thanks
PXL_20240218_155849023.jpg

Hope it’s found. Always use the little leash they give you. I lost one in the snow at allaire about 5-6 years ago. I was lucky to find it after backtracking my route through.
I’ve used the leash ever since

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions