Chimney Rock Conditions

Anybody ride CR today with the frozen conditions?
So I didn't think it was so bad today until I looked down at the end, lol. Usual messy spots on Lower Interior Red. I don't know what I was thinking ending on White....that was the worst part.
IMG_8211.JPG

IMG_5132.jpeg
Very difficult riding unfortunately. If it was just an inch of snow it would have been a great ride but that crust of ice was an 800 pound guerrilla.
Only did about half of blue. Weather channel app radar showed all snow but it rained pretty hard on me and then turned to ice. Atleast I got out for an hour and I have alcohol at home.
Y’all be cool.

View attachment 231120Very difficult riding unfortunately. If it was just an inch of snow it would have been a great ride but that crust of ice was an 800 pound guerrilla.
Only did about half of blue. Weather channel app radar showed all snow but it rained pretty hard on me and then turned to ice. Atleast I got out for an hour and I have alcohol at home.
Y’all be cool.
Would you say the ice created too much drag on the wheels or was it just very slippery?

View attachment 231120Very difficult riding unfortunately. If it was just an inch of snow it would have been a great ride but that crust of ice was an 800 pound guerrilla.
Y’all be cool.
Would you say the ice created too much drag on the wheels or was it just very slippery?
He was trying to say he wished he had a fat bike.:cool:

Drag. Momentum was really hard to maintain. It really wasn’t very slick at all and an inch of snow is a hoot without the ice. I cleaned most of what I rode.

Awesome conditions this afternoon. Fluffy snow with lots of traction! I rode my Fatboy which just got a Terrene Johnny 5 installed on the front (still running a Surly Bud and Lou on the back) but I ran into someone on a skinny 26er and they were doing okay, just not as fast. Looking forward to getting back out there tomorrow morning.

Had to run an errand up that way today so I drove by most of the trailheads from the roads to take a look. I will say, it all looks super wet from the road as in very very wet. That's all I got.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions