Chimney Rock Conditions

Did blue, white, black, orange, red, and back up blue a few hours ago. The only part I would skip is the trail behind the ball fields.

There’s an issue with Old Tullo connector in that the stream has recently decided to run along the trail for a substantial length. It will either need to be coaxed back or more likely the trail should be diverted.

On the red side, the Logan fire road took some real damage from last week’s rainfall. It was already pretty badly beaten by Ida, but it is noticeably worse now. I haven’t tried descending it, but it makes for a nice challenge climbing.

Rode everything except yellow today. Blue was worst, but not horrible. Ok, semi-horrible.

Found your iPad, @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST or @Carson. Let me know who it belongs to and I will return when I see you next.

2F0AE805-5581-4161-BB06-FEEFF1AF3097.jpeg

My guess is: better than expected, worse than we hope.

I would say go for it. I don't think it will be terrible*.

* it might be terrible.
It wasn’t great. Lost of ground water still seeping from the hills. Mostly splashes and not deep mud tho. The usual damp spots were wet.

This afternoon was excellent, with only a few puddles along my route down blue, white, orange and back up red.

Tomorrow will be prime.

Hit everything except the black loops today. Some standing water in the expected places but totally rideable as eastbloc reported. Stay away from back and lower blue. Still one big patch of mud on upper blue past the trail feature which is drying out but some what better than last week.

Also, down tree at top of yellow heading up hill from hawk watch on the short paved section. Where that hanging vine was. Big enough around you'll need to lift your bike over it.

Fenders are for dorks man. Don't you know that?

CR was pretty good this afternoon. It could be drier but then it gets dusty and squirrelly in the turns. Today it was tacky where dry, with the water in all the usual places.

20220424_181324.jpg

Was good this afternoon on blue and red. No fenders needed. There's a big tree down across the back section of blue between the connector and the fork with the Middlebrook Trail.

It is the best I've seen it since last fall. Did everything and hardly saw mud. Any drier and it starts getting dusty in the corners. Windy, low humidity days this week transformed conditions versus last weekend.

Tree still down top of yellow. I see a desire path is forming to one side of it.
20220430_071634.jpg

That soft part of red when you take it CCW from Newman is almost completely dry.

20220430_075218.jpg

Here is that straight section of upper blue after the trail feature taking it CW. Was wet all winter and finally puddle-free this week. I did not do lower blue by the Middle Brook trail but guessing there could still be some water there. Anybody know?
20220430_082511.jpg

Worse of upper blue. Night and day vs prior weeks. Was a muddy, icy bog all winter and early spring. Now, dried out enough to roll through without making ruts.

20220430_082923.jpg

Black's bench cut trails looking pretty as ever this Spring morning.

20220430_090919.jpg

Come and get it.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions