Chimney Rock Conditions

stilluf

Had to park at ballfields yesterday afternoon bc road paving at Newmans. Looked like Newmans was open again about 4:45 when I went through the lot. They only paved half the road, so I'm thinking other half will be paved again, and Newmans lot will be closed until about 4:45 today (Wednesday).

Trails in great shape. However, that mud puddle on blue uphill from technical section is DEEP! I almost front wheel planted in it after I rolled over logs immediately preceding (downhill) the puddle. Next time I'm on blue, will see if puddle can be drained with a cut.

Dingo

Had to park at ballfields yesterday afternoon bc road paving at Newmans. Looked like Newmans was open again about 4:45 when I went through the lot. They only paved half the road, so I'm thinking other half will be paved again, and Newmans lot will be closed until about 4:45 today (Wednesday).

Trails in great shape. However, that mud puddle on blue uphill from technical section is DEEP! I almost front wheel planted in it after I rolled over logs immediately preceding (downhill) the puddle. Next time I'm on blue, will see if puddle can be drained with a cut.
I hit that puddle last week. It was up to the rotor on my 27.5 plus rim. Damn near went over the bars.

qclabrat

Work in progress but need more rocks. For some reason a place called Chimney Rock lacks rocks when you need it the most. If you are riding up hill, help me out by picking up a big rock at the stream. Damn hot today, still a few out there riding.
IMG_20180906_165609.jpg
IMG_20180906_172310.jpg

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
High tech is so overgrown I had a hard time on it yesterday. Too much rain in August!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
High tech is so overgrown I had a hard time on it yesterday. Too much rain in August!

wish i had seen this yesterday or this am before we went and tried to ride it. those damn sticky ball things are now stuck to my one glove, maybe permanently

FitmanNJ

I find that stretching the fabric from inside (the glove, in this case) allows you to pull the stickies off more easily without leaving the hooks in the fabric. Push your fingertip up from beneath the stickie and it should release a bit. If you have a bunch of them struck to a garment, though, this one-by-one approach can take a long time.

Jeff_STI

Work in progress but need more rocks. For some reason a place called Chimney Rock lacks rocks when you need it the most. If you are riding up hill, help me out by picking up a big rock at the stream. Damn hot today, still a few out there riding.
View attachment 76665View attachment 76664
I was out for 3 weeks and yesterday just got back i
View attachment 76665View attachment 76664
I will pickup some rocks next time I'm at the park. Thanks that was a really nice job.

Jeff_STI

I rode Blue and Red (Twice today). Blue condition was Fair, Little puddles, Red was pretty good and Dry this why I did it twice just the red trail. On red there was this tree down which have the Red sign, I have move it to the side making sure the Red sign still able to be seen by other riders or hikers. I hope if anyone will take it off and put it in another tree in the spot area or if I can do that in my next ride.
20180913_190123.jpg
20180913_190242.jpg

caferacer

Because of today's rain, I'm guessing it's going to be muddy this week. Is there any area need trimming? I might be able to swingd by, and get some done.

The last time I went there White trail from Newman Lane parking lot got bushy. If its still the same I can start from there.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Because of today's rain, I'm guessing it's going to be muddy this week. Is there any area need trimming? I might be able to swingd by, and get some done.

The last time I went there White trail from Newman Lane parking lot got bushy. If its still the same I can start from there.

Yes, have at white, especially the twisties just west of the bridge. That section needs another trimming and any bit you do helps.

thanks

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions