Charm City

I never actually made it over across the street to hang out/say hi. im a bit lazy i guess :)

I was yelling for a few of you and I think a bunch at Pearl from the looks of that photo ^^ up there. Fun time and a really tough course

Baltimore: I-83 North via Lancaster. Never failed us. Trip to-from Clinton area never more than 3 hours. Only the stretch between Reading and Trexlertown is a bit slower but never jammed.

My wife used her iPhone (iOS 5 for now) to locate a very nice (as in tiny setting but authentic) Vietnamese restaurant on the way back. Pretty soon we'll have done all the Vietnamese places there, including the supermarket where they sell frozen durian (not to be eaten inside the house).

Charm City 'cross, amazing venue, no sand on the course though. Day 2 I dropped my chain going around the tree lap 1. Everybody goes by and then some. When I went back initially I thought I wouldn't even pass anybody I wasn't gaining much... This is the worst time to have a problem, you lose not only time there but afterward waiting to pass in the tight sections. But it's a long race and I came back a bit. Caught 1 last guy just before the finish, passed him before the road nailed the last turns and thought I was home free but no, we had to sprint to the line and I got him by 1 half-tire...

I have never eaten durian that I have liked. I'm impressed if you guys do. Major props.

I was yelling for a few of you and I think a bunch at Pearl from the looks of that photo ^^ up there. Fun time and a really tough course

Were you the guy yelling "YEAH NEW JERSEY!"?

I gave you (or that guy) a point out on one of my laps on Sundee

Yeah, I noticed they took the sand out for the pros. They did that last year as well. What's with that? Was it against some UCI rule? I'm glad the rest of us got to play in the sandbox :).

Yeah, I noticed they took the sand out for the pros. They did that last year as well. What's with that? Was it against some UCI rule? I'm glad the rest of us got to play in the sandbox :).

I think it has to be a natural sand section, not man made to be UCI compliant

I think it has to be a natural sand section, not man made to be UCI compliant

This used to be a rule but no longer the case. Non-natural sand pits have to be at least 40 meters long and on a straight section. Neither seemed possible at Charm.

UCI max for total number of man-made obstacles is six (set of double barriers counts as one) so I don't think this was the limitation. Not sure if the permanent barrier/tree/permanent barrier counts as one or two obstacles. Run-up probably only counted as one.

I'm sending out a HUGE THANK YOU to Norm, Utah, Eric, Allison, Cole and the rest of the crew for inviting me into the MTBNJ circus tent! Jersey peeps stick together... :)

WOW, that was hard, but we all pulled out some pretty awesome results. Must be that super secret North Jersey practice! :)

Um, it was fast....really fast. I actually started to get the chills with 1.5 laps to go...I must have been on the verge of passing out. Good thing I crashed at the base of the stairs on lap #5, that woke me up.

ERIC!!! I totally pulled a, "BOBSLED" at the barriers!! Passed two girls and left them in the dust!

SB

ERIC!!! I totally pulled a, "BOBSLED" at the barriers!!
Passed two girls and left them in the dust!

Great racing both days. You were on fire Saturday.

Nice podium Eric. Bravo.

Thanks Ted. I'll post up a recap when I have a chance. In short, Saturday was probably my best race to date. Chased the lead pack of 3 for most of the race and finally made contact. with 1.5 to go. Sunday was less good but a great event and worth the drive.

For now, here's a video from Charm day 1 W's 3/4 race courtesy of Mandi

Back
Top Bottom