Ceres Trail Conditions

Rocks & Water

Been a few years. I dont ride on the weekends, mostly on a Monday morning as i belive was the case with the attempted break in. Trail runner filmed it on the way back to her car....
That was a few years back with the break in. Ceres is a place where you go ride and get to know by getting lost and finding your way back. It's really not that big of a place maybe if a mile wide. Golf on one side old farm fields on the other. It took me a bit of time to know the place but it is super fun and the rides are nothing you would think would be in south Jeresy, it's not flat or very sandy. Just go and enjoy you will live through it. The kids with NICA have a great time there, great to see where this program is bringing the sport.

pibbles

Hit this with the grandson last couple of weeks. Question, anyone doing any maintenance other than leaf blowing a couple of trails? Noticed quite a bit closed off due to trees down, any planned maintenance, or am i good to clear some stuff?

Mahnken

Hit this with the grandson last couple of weeks. Question, anyone doing any maintenance other than leaf blowing a couple of trails? Noticed quite a bit closed off due to trees down, any planned maintenance, or am i good to clear some stuff?
Someone cleared a couple trees on Thursday, his name is MC Fin on Strava. Not sure who's in charge of maintenance there, but you can maybe try shooting him a message to figure it out.

JDurk

Someone cleared a couple trees on Thursday, his name is MC Fin on Strava. Not sure who's in charge of maintenance there, but you can maybe try shooting him a message to figure it out.

If you know the history of Ceres, trail maintenance and downed trees are performed by gnomes. There is no organized TM. In my opinion, leaf blowing should not be a part of trail maintenance other than breaking new trails.

@Mahnken MC Fin is just a rider who frequents there.

pibbles

If you know the history of Ceres, trail maintenance and downed trees are performed by gnomes. There is no organized TM. In my opinion, leaf blowing should not be a part of trail maintenance other than breaking new trails.

@Mahnken MC Fin is just a rider who frequents

@Mahnken MC Fin is just a rider who frequents there.
Im with ya on the leaf blowing just figuered id move the crap out that is causing some hike a bike go arounds that aint fun. Also fill in some areas that have eroded to the point of pedal strikes, or i could get a full suspesion bike with a higher bb.....

pibbles

Iknow the history, with ya on the leaf blower, got like 5 trees in one spot that should come out cuz hike a bike aint fun and a big step leading up to it that is a pedal strike everytime. I see alot of downhill bikes /ebikes there and they dont really use that area of the park so me and the handsaw will visit...

JDurk

Iknow the history, with ya on the leaf blower, got like 5 trees in one spot that should come out cuz hike a bike aint fun and a big step leading up to it that is a pedal strike everytime. I see alot of downhill bikes /ebikes there and they dont really use that area of the park so me and the handsaw will visit...
Yeah, the amount of DH/ebikes there is rather comical. 1 of a few reasons I don't ride there as much anymore.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions