Ceres Trail Conditions

Cassinonorth

Got a tour of this place from a couple locals when I was at RCoSJ for my shot a few weeks ago. Fun trail system for sure.

jjrm1993

Any work being done at Ceres now is totally on the DL. Like all other trails everywhere, many more users over the last year.
i gotcha. i’m a firm believer in no dig no ride. even if it’s just cleaning up trash. i didn’t know if it was gone or not. thanks for the info

robcleary

Gave Ceres a shot yesterday for the first time. A lot of good trails (especially for South Jersey!) but absolute hell to navigate lol. I need a local next time I go back

Rocks & Water

Gave Ceres a shot yesterday for the first time. A lot of good trails (especially for South Jersey!) but absolute hell to navigate lol. I need a local next time I go back
Even though the place is not that big it can play hell on you. The park isn't as flat as some people think. If you go next time just ask someone there, a lot of good folks ride there.

jjrm1993

i’ve never ridden there before but i really wanna go, anyone wanna show me around? beers on me after 🤙🏻

JDurk

i’ve never ridden there before but i really wanna go, anyone wanna show me around? beers on me after 🤙🏻
It's not very big, however the trails can be like a maze. Lot has been full every time I'm there. Should be someone there to show you around.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
It's not very big, however the trails can be like a maze. Lot has been full every time I'm there. Should be someone there to show you around.
And if you post up some dates/times here and on the Ceres fb group, with enough notice I'm sure you'll score a tour.

tankhead

Wow. Rode there today. Started at back lot. I was using mtb project on my phone for maps. Rode over an hour and a half with an hour and 5 minutes of moving time. So many trails. They were great trails and very root heavy on the tech side. Just kept getting lost and riding in circles. Signage is unfortunately not the greatest. Would love to visit again but would need to ride with a group or someone who knows their way around. Very frustrating. Looking forward to going back.

robcleary

Wow. Rode there today. Started at back lot. I was using mtb project on my phone for maps. Rode over an hour and a half with an hour and 5 minutes of moving time. So many trails. They were great trails and very root heavy on the tech side. Just kept getting lost and riding in circles. Signage is unfortunately not the greatest. Would love to visit again but would need to ride with a group or someone who knows their way around. Very frustrating. Looking forward to going back.
Yeeeep this was a pretty good summary of my first ride at Ceres as well. It's a difficult park to navigate with all the spaghetti trails that loop back into one another. Signage is almost non-existent. The more you ride there the more you start to pick up on what leads into what, and little features that indicate where you are, but I still get a little lost every time I ride there lol.

JDurk

Accurate review of Ceres. Been riding there for years and will lose my sense of direction if it's been awhile. Definitely a place to ride with those who know their way around. Don't expect any signs or trail markers to ever be put up.

As small as this location is, there's been a long history of turmoil between hikers, dog walkers, nearby residents and mtbers. So, the less social media talk about riding, and what you see there, the better.

tankhead

Yeah I don’t get the dog off the leash thing. I had two different dog/ owners let their dogs jump on me while I stopped to let them pass. WTF. The one guy never even apologized while his little dog kept jumping up at me while I talked to him about the lack of signage. Whatever. Totally ignoring the dog’s behavior like it was ok.
Years ago in the 1990’s at Camden County college riding I had an unleashed dog rip up my tights and my thigh. After some cursing at the owner from the group I was riding with and addressing the wound through my ripped pants we just were amazed that owner felt no sense of responsibility and treated us as if we were in the wrong.

pibbles

It's my Birthday!
Havent been in years. Some one posted a vid of some kids breaking into a car through the sunroof. Dont need that in my life.

JDurk

Havent been in years. Some one posted a vid of some kids breaking into a car through the sunroof. Dont need that in my life.
How long ago was that? The back lot on Pitman Rd is full every weekend, all day with people enjoying the trails.

Mahnken

How long ago was that? The back lot on Pitman Rd is full every weekend, all day with people enjoying the trails.
I feel like I remember talk of it 2 or 3 years ago. I've never had any problems there, and even on weekdays there's always a couple cars in the lot.
I'm only about 2.5 Mile's from there now so I'll probably start riding in. I think I might be able to eventually create a mostly off road route to get there.

tankhead

Strange but true: I watched a couple of videos of Ceres on utube before I headed out. There is a video of two dudes doing a night ride there. As I came to the intersection before the back lot there was the guy in the video with the same jacket riding away from the back lot. If you are here I liked the video.

pibbles

It's my Birthday!
Been a few years. I dont ride on the weekends, mostly on a Monday morning as i belive was the case with the attempted break in. Trail runner filmed it on the way back to her car....

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions