CCC conditions

JDurk

That's the spot. I heard about it on a local FB page. Newer rider who DGAF is doing the work.

Last edited:

robcleary

CCC's riding pretty well these days. Someone cleared out the jump/logover thing again right along the climb trail for Rollercoaster (near the road) a while back. Some trail work was done for the race and a very nice bridge built between the bottom of the Ferngully and One Mile/Renegade connector (idk what the actual names are, just going off of Trailforks). The bermy section on Cheeseman Super D is mint right now, so much fun to lap that section. Otherwise business as usual.

kjarrett

CCC's riding pretty well these days. Someone cleared out the jump/logover thing again right along the climb trail for Rollercoaster (near the road) a while back. Some trail work was done for the race and a very nice bridge built between the bottom of the Ferngully and One Mile/Renegade connector (idk what the actual names are, just going off of Trailforks). The bermy section on Cheeseman Super D is mint right now, so much fun to lap that section. Otherwise business as usual.
Thanks for the update. I’ve been wanting to head back there ever since the Challenger race, which I missed because I was traveling. I wasn’t planning to race it, I was going to volunteer and maybe shoot some pictures on race day. Looking forward to heading back soon!

robcleary

Trails are riding good! I saw a little bit of maintenance done to some of the more popular routes (e.g. lot 7 to super cheese man, and the gully was packed in and partly raked). Dirt was nice and grippy with only a couple soft spots in the usual areas. Of course it's going to rain/snow tomorrow but with how fast this place drains I suspect it'll be fine by mid next week.

robcleary

Just rode here this past Sunday. Trails are good if not a little dry (we've barely gotten any rain down this way recently). Plenty of trail gnomes have been out, and I suspect there'll be another pass before the race in June.

tankhead

Rode here yesterday. In the last 20 years I’ve ridden there three times. But during the mid nineties up till 2004 it was a three times a month trip.
It has so many trails intersecting it’s just too confusing. However, I really enjoyed the west end. Got lost and kept riding that section over and over counterclockwise, clockwise. Got in 10+ miles. So many riders which was great to see.

Any one live local and want to set up a group ride?? I would love to get a better sense of the place. Love it there. Thanks

robcleary

Rode here yesterday. In the last 20 years I’ve ridden there three times. But during the mid nineties up till 2004 it was a three times a month trip.
It has so many trails intersecting it’s just too confusing. However, I really enjoyed the west end. Got lost and kept riding that section over and over counterclockwise, clockwise. Got in 10+ miles. So many riders which was great to see.

Any one live local and want to set up a group ride?? I would love to get a better sense of the place. Love it there. Thanks
It's definitely a weird place to navigate if you haven't ridden there much. The east side interior trails especially because they double back on themselves a lot, kinda reminds of Ceres Park in that sense. Would be a fun place to organize a group ride though!

tankhead

We use to have a group out of Vineland that were big road riders but they would ride mountain bikes in the off season. We would go there a couple times a month in the late fall-spring. I would lead the group ride and ride for 2 hours. It all seems foreign now.

JDurk

Many changes there. I don't ride there as often as I used to and it does get confusing. I pretty much go by muscle memory now.

OddTrickStar

Used to ride there in the ‘90’s sometimes, been there only once since then.

I’m about 20 minutes away, would be down for a group ride.

robcleary

bone dry as always, and a lot of trail debris from the past winter. There is a small tree down across Cheeseman Super D just after the chute, so watch out as it's a faster section.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions