Car-spotting thread

Alfa Romeo Guilia. Owned by the local pizza shop owner I guess he sells a lotta pies.

Love that color blue.

E7895794-95EB-418C-9D99-78F25AF4F32A.jpeg

At 274K right now.
Those early year LS engines will go forever. The rest of the truck not so much.

There are guys that yank them out of the junk yard with 250k on them, remove the pistons to file the ring gap larger, ad a turbo with 20 pounds of boost and make over 600 hp to the tire.

Oh and they use the head gaskets/bearings/seals and the torque to yield bolts over. Kinda of amazing.

There are guys that yank them out of the junk yard with 250k on them, remove the pistons to file the ring gap larger, ad a turbo with 20 pounds of boost and make over 600 hp to the tire.

Oh and they use the head gaskets/bearings/seals and the torque to yield bolts over. Kinda of amazing.

We are building a streetrod @M3Tim !!

It's amazing, this engine doesn't burn any oil between changes. Has some kind of issue where it needs 2-6 cranks before it fires (fuel related, I think), but then runs flawlessly. Has a check engine light for cam position sensor, but I replaced that and still has it. Read online that the timing chain or timing gear bolts may be to blame, but haven't had the motivation to check. Inspection is coming up so probably need to fix it. Does anyone know if the NJ inspection fails for any check engine light, or only specific codes?

This could be the fix to my Vette engine problem.

It's amazing, this engine doesn't burn any oil between changes. Has some kind of issue where it needs 2-6 cranks before it fires (fuel related, I think), but then runs flawlessly. Has a check engine light for cam position sensor, but I replaced that and still has it. Read online that the timing chain or timing gear bolts may be to blame, but haven't had the motivation to check. Inspection is coming up so probably need to fix it. Does anyone know if the NJ inspection fails for any check engine light, or only specific codes?

If the CEL is illuminated I don't think NJ Inspection can inspect as it won't go into READY mode or something. Not 100% on that but I have heard that multiple times.

If the CEL is illuminated I don't think NJ Inspection can inspect as it won't go into READY mode or something. Not 100% on that but I have heard that multiple times.

they won't check it with the light on - automatic fail.

this is an interesting problem if it can't tell if it is the sensor, or if the sensor is giving slightly out-of-adjustment readings.
i have one of those bluetooth odb dongles with some of the advanced diagnostics if ya want to try it.

2 to 6 cranks, probably related to a bad fuel pressure regulator?

2 to 6 cranks, probably related to a bad fuel pressure regulator?
I did replace the regulator but this did not fix the issue. Maybe thinking the fuel filter as it looks pretty old. I have a new one but when I went to replace it, it was rusted so bad I thought the line would break so I just left it. I'm thinking the starting and CEL are different issues maybe.

Went to island last night with the family to hang with my friend Nathan for a bit... He just got he talon back running... Was running 10s last night but should go faster when he gets it sorted

20190531_210151.jpg

Plenty of diesels there now, this one was running low 11s20190531_200443.jpg

Back
Top Bottom