Car-spotting thread

Don't disagree. The way you beat Porsche is you lay off the options. They win when you order leather fuse box covers for $600.

I think the 718 GTS 4.0 is already out of production? I think?

The options are a mockery. Nav and LED lights should be standard on a $100k car. If you get the leather fuse box cover, you need to also get the leather steering wheel column cover, because you know nothing says ghetto like a non-leather steering column. Let’s not forget the fancy $400 fuel tank cover.

Next build date is June, don’t know if it’s the last one or not. My biggest issue is manual or PDK. The knee-jerk reaction is manual, I’ve been driving stick since I was 17. There’s a problem though, Porsche built an almost perfect sports car in every way, amazing handling, a naturally aspirated 4.0 with a 8500rpm high-revving motor, but geared it like an 800hp Challenger Hellcat. WTF? I can only really wring this motor out in first gear. Second gear tops out at over 80mph. Shift action and feel are amazing, the rev matching is cool, but in normal driving I’m not getting near redline. This transmission doesn’t match the powerband at all. It’s a similar problem to my Gixxer, but at least with that I can ride most backroads bouncing between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, since its close ratio. In the 718, I can do all of Clinton road in 2nd. PDK works amazing and is a little better with gearing because of 7th being added I guess, but the way the car is geared still defies logic, it screams for a close-ratio box. First world problems, I know.

The options are a mockery. Nav and LED lights should be standard on a $100k car. If you get the leather fuse box cover, you need to also get the leather steering wheel column cover, because you know nothing says ghetto like a non-leather steering column. Let’s not forget the fancy $400 fuel tank cover.

Next build date is June, don’t know if it’s the last one or not. My biggest issue is manual or PDK. The knee-jerk reaction is manual, I’ve been driving stick since I was 17. There’s a problem though, Porsche built an almost perfect sports car in every way, amazing handling, a naturally aspirated 4.0 with a 8500rpm high-revving motor, but geared it like an 800hp Challenger Hellcat. WTF? I can only really wring this motor out in first gear. Second gear tops out at over 80mph. Shift action and feel are amazing, the rev matching is cool, but in normal driving I’m not getting near redline. This transmission doesn’t match the powerband at all. It’s a similar problem to my Gixxer, but at least with that I can ride most backroads bouncing between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, since its close ratio. In the 718, I can do all of Clinton road in 2nd. PDK works amazing and is a little better with gearing because of 7th being added I guess, but the way the car is geared still defies logic, it screams for a close-ratio box. First world problems, I know.

Yes, very tough call. I Turo'd a Cayman manual (4-cyl) and it's mostly a 2nd and 3rd gear car. I would likely still go manual but you make a good argument for a PDK in that car.

passenger seat today while driving back and forth to Wayne NJ along route 80 always seems to have some cars to spot.

On the way out I saw a gaggle of about 15 Porsches? Porschii? Heading 80 west but wasn’t fast enough to get a pic.

Saw the blue Porsche locally in Wayne and on the way home the Viper blew past us and we were going about 80mph changed lanes about 4-5 times in front of us to weave thru traffic hence the zoomed in pic.

IMG_5123.jpegIMG_5127.jpeg

So im in Colorado for work for the week....since I am here for work when hertz begged and pleaded with me to upgrade, I could not....but they still upgraded me to a fullsize car anyway. It was either this, or a sonata with 42,000 miles on it that looked like my kid had been living in it.
1710784617682.png

Goddam, what a TURD this thing is. The ride reminds me of that LJ jeep I test drove last fall. No adaptive cruise, the interior is depressingly awful....not sure if this a 1.5T or a 2.0T but it sounds like my lawn mower. The brake pedal has two settings...off and put you thru the windshield. Dont buy one of these

Back
Top Bottom