Car-spotting thread

So in the words of @Patrick, the Queen wanted a convertible for awhile. Her choices would change: VW, Jeep, Audi, etc. Settled on Mini Cooper that last couple of months. Was planning to go to the nearest dealer on Saturday morning. But before we left, started looking at Carvana choices. Then I mentioned how are we going to finance this. Carvana was 12%, so looked at what our banks are offering. We have a few accounts with Capital One and while looking at the auto loan options, you can also search for cars from the website. This popped up at the Auto Lenders in Exton, PA. Checked all the boxes year, color, interior color, options, etc. '19 Cooper S Convertible with a bit over 25,000 miles. Clean Carfax 1 owner car purchased at Ramsey Mini.
View attachment 234057

So I get the '07 Honda CR-V with 160k to use as a commuter car and the Transit in the background is the adventures and towing vehicle.
Nice! It’s great how things just work out like it was meant to be 👍. Will you get to drive it once in a while, like on a 72 degree day in the spring or fall? Or is it only the Queen’s domain ? 😃

Nice! It’s great how things just work out like it was meant to be 👍. Will you get to drive it once in a while, like on a 72 degree day in the spring or fall? Or is it only the Queen’s domain ? 😃
I did get to drive it first for the test drive, then we switched out on the road before heading back. They basically told us to be back within an hour. She'll be the primary driver of the Mini, like I'm the primary with the pictured Ford Transit. But we will be taking turns behind the wheel. For a car with so many buttons and switches, surprised it still has all manual seat adjustments even though you can program up to 3 different drivers.

Last edited:
So in the words of @Patrick, the Queen wanted a convertible for awhile. Her choices would change: VW, Jeep, Audi, etc. Settled on Mini Cooper that last couple of months. Was planning to go to the nearest dealer on Saturday morning. But before we left, started looking at Carvana choices. Then I mentioned how are we going to finance this. Carvana was 12%, so looked at what our banks are offering. We have a few accounts with Capital One and while looking at the auto loan options, you can also search for cars from the website. This popped up at the Auto Lenders in Exton, PA. Checked all the boxes year, color, interior color, options, etc. '19 Cooper S Convertible with a bit over 25,000 miles. Clean Carfax 1 owner car purchased at Ramsey Mini.
View attachment 234057

So I get the '07 Honda CR-V with 160k to use as a commuter car and the Transit in the background is the adventures and towing vehicle.
Nice. My wife bought a '19 Cooper S convertible new. It has had zero problems, which came as quite a surprise. It does lead a charmed life though. 5-6k/yr. Garaged home and work.

Speaking of new rides, I mentioned last month I sold my Xterra and then subsequently our Subaru died and that I traded it in. But I didn’t mention what I got instead. Mazda CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus. Got it CPO with 3k on the clock and a 7/100 warranty. Didn’t want white but the deal was too good to pass up.

Had to get a new set of Thule (square) crossbars given the roof rail configuration but was able to use all my OG rack accessories. I also found a way to retrofit my Thule Upride rack to accept fattie tires.

Very happy with this so far. Drives more like a wagon (low CoG) which is what I would have wanted but, other than the Outback (don’t like the new styling) they (Volvo, MB, Audi) were out of my price range. Corners really nicely and has plenty of pep. 256 hp on 93 octane and 320 torque. 20” low profiles are a tad firm but that helps with the drive on twisty roads. Doesn’t swallow gear as well as the Xterra height wise but is great lengthwise and width wise.
IMG_0199.jpegIMG_0135.jpeg

Nice. My wife bought a '19 Cooper S convertible new. It has had zero problems, which came as quite a surprise. It does lead a charmed life though. 5-6k/yr. Garaged home and work.
With the warm weather in the forecast, I'm guessing she may feel the urge to push the button on the convertible top. I wanted to try it out on Sunday, but I got the stare. Basically saying if something goes wrong and the top doesn't go back up........ I'll let her satisfy that urge.

d8cb6078-ca54-4ed6-8632-908e0a24ad59_text.gif

i mean at least its in the same category (appliance) amirite?
From Doug DeMuro's recent Model 3 review.

Really liked Doug's balanced take on this car. His summary:

Here's the truth. The Tesla Model 3 is an appliance. And just like every other appliance - your dishwasher, your microwave - it's not really thrilling, it's a tool for the job. And this car is the best tool for the job of boring commuting in daily traffic.

Paint to sample and carbon buckets. Still...

That car is pretty bad-ass, I think gold wheels would make it look even better with that color. Only fly in the ointment is the price. I can get 2021-2 S's for less, even a 2018-19 Turbo S.

I thought about the T, but once I added the specs to it that I would want, I was over 130. Porsche really sucks with how they price their options, charging you for shit that should come standard on a car in that price range. I may go for a spec'd out 718 GTS instead before they go electric next year and become appliances.

That car is pretty bad-ass, I think gold wheels would make it look even better with that color. Only fly in the ointment is the price. I can get 2021-2 S's for less, even a 2018-19 Turbo S.

I thought about the T, but once I added the specs to it that I would want, I was over 130. Porsche really sucks with how they price their options, charging you for shit that should come standard on a car in that price range. I may go for a spec'd out 718 GTS instead before they go electric next year and become appliances.

Don't disagree. The way you beat Porsche is you lay off the options. They win when you order leather fuse box covers for $600.

I think the 718 GTS 4.0 is already out of production? I think?

Back
Top Bottom