Car-spotting thread

This was next to me in the parking lot at work the other day on a newer dodge challenger.

Didn’t think they even still made The Club anymore. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

View attachment 231335
Expect to see a lot more, Hyundai and Kia were/are supplying local police stations with them to give to residents who own Kia’s/Hyundai because their theft rates are so high b/c so easy to steal.

That’s a good blue. I also dig these with the steelies.

You're showing your age.

I'm thinking something like this on a wheel and tire deal.

IMG-5888.jpg

Toyota 4R for sale now ? Or is that now your backup to your backup vehicle ?

Going to keep both until Spring until I am sure I really like the Maverick and it's not a total lemon/POS. If it goes as planned the T4R goes on the block.

What dealership is that? I was at Winner Ford yesterday with my Transit and saw 1 there in that color.

Neilsen of Morristown. Nick Lutz is the Sales Manager. MSRP plus $398 doc fee. Gotta be lowest in NJ.

You're showing your age.

I'm thinking something like this on a wheel and tire deal.

IMG-5888.jpg

Going to keep both until Spring until I am sure I really like the Maverick and it's not a total lemon/POS. If it goes as planned the T4R goes on the block.

Neilsen of Morristown. Nick Lutz is the Sales Manager. MSRP plus $398 doc fee. Gotta be lowest in NJ.
ya go in and tell they you are friends with Dave Carson....Nick will great you a swift, firm kick in the balls.

I like it....however I couldn't live without AWD/4WD.....would be nice if they made the hybrid version AWD, but whatever.

He's got two other AWD suv's.
yes, but they aren't going to be allowed to touch a salt covered road, this is carson we are talking about

@Carson since its like a pickup truck version of my ford focus....ill say that in now 12 years, 190,000 miles...no protection whatsoever on my focus.....on the paint, underneath, etc.....driven in the salt constantly and never washed....after all of that....there is still only the slightest bit of rust on the front edge of my hood....underneath still looks great. Don't know what ford treat this car with, but im impressed.

ya go in and tell they you are friends with Dave Carson....Nick will great you a swift, firm kick in the balls.

I like it....however I couldn't live without AWD/4WD.....would be nice if they made the hybrid version AWD, but whatever.

Nick introduced me to the F&I guy and said "he's a friend and a big pain in the ass." I couldn't argue with that.

yes, but they aren't going to be allowed to touch a salt covered road, this is carson we are talking about

@Carson since its like a pickup truck version of my ford focus....ill say that in now 12 years, 190,000 miles...no protection whatsoever on my focus.....on the paint, underneath, etc.....driven in the salt constantly and never washed....after all of that....there is still only the slightest bit of rust on the front edge of my hood....underneath still looks great. Don't know what ford treat this car with, but im impressed.

Yeah no way the Macan is going out in the brine. If we lived in a state that used cinders, sure. Not when I have something else to drive. And the 4R won't be here by next winter if all goes well.

That's impressive BUT the roads have only been brined for what, the last five years?

When I first started driving I would see a shitload of cars with rust over the rear wheel wells. Now it's so incredibly rare, whatever rust proofing treatment they are using works well. Enough that when I was in Canada and started seeing rusted cars I started to notice it.

I said cars.

And I'm going to go out on a limb and say that truck lives a hard life.

The summer before college I worked in a cemetery and we had a pickup to drive around on the grounds. Since were were the summer help kids we got the shittiest truck. Rusted out, falling apart, every bit of the interior rattling or falling off. Suspension barely working. I thought it had almost 300,000 miles until I found out it had almost 30,000 miles. Some trucks live harder lives than others...

Those are refinery trucks that never see a public road.
Those trucks are notorious for rusting wheel arches cuz of whatever ford uses to bond the inner and outer panels together collects moisture and rots them out from the inside. I got rid of my 2013 F-150 as soon as the paint bubbles started.
I swear it seemed to spread overnight.
1705952822550.jpeg
1705952927953.jpeg

Those are refinery trucks that never see a public road.
Those trucks are notorious for rusting wheel arches cuz of whatever ford uses to bond the inner and outer panels together collects moisture and rots them out from the inside. I got rid of my 2013 F-150 as soon as the paint bubbles started.
I swear it seemed to spread overnight.
View attachment 231442
View attachment 231443
Unless it’s an American pickup from the last 20 years with a steel body…
My toyota t100 would see this and like to raise you :) That thing was a truly impressive piece of shit.....not only did the frame/body rot away to nothing....the REAR END housing rotted to the point of leaking....every single line that carried fluid rotted away EVEN THE RUBBER ONES!

really, as someone who just spend 6 months looking at used truck, god its EVERY truck in this state that gets used on a daily basis in the salt.

For some reason, on my focus they used aluminum control arms, stainless exhaust, maybe stainless lines....shocked none are rotted after all this time.

He’ll be driving them around in large hamster balls.
My toyota t100 would see this and like to raise you :) That thing was a truly impressive piece of shit.....not only did the frame/body rot away to nothing....the REAR END housing rotted to the point of leaking....every single line that carried fluid rotted away EVEN THE RUBBER ONES!

really, as someone who just spend 6 months looking at used truck, god its EVERY truck in this state that gets used on a daily basis in the salt.

For some reason, on my focus they used aluminum control arms, stainless exhaust, maybe stainless lines....shocked none are rotted after all this time.
My ‘99 Durango was equally quite the rust bucket. Brake and trans lines rusted through. Leaf spring shackles in back literally disintegrated. It developed a clunk in back and when I investigated both were gone and the springs were against the frame. Quarters and the cargo door were horrendous. Otoh the interior held up great.

Back
Top Bottom