Car-spotting thread

How did you like the shifting?

I'm not sure I could even get in it. I just posed with it as we walked by.

joey-porsche.gif

Not sure which is worse. BMW’s current styling trend, or these heinous treatments from the 80’s

Last edited:
Catching up on the arguing. I see this Rivian at NJMP all the time. He told me it's amazing with that trailer. Takes about 80% charge to go 100 miles but they have RV hook-ups right there so it's easy to charge back up.

EDIT: my buddy had a little drag race with his Rivian against an electric BMW SUV of some kind. His truck retained the video of it, thinking he had been in an accident!

rivian (2).jpg

Catching up on the arguing. I see this Rivian at NJMP all the time. He told me it's amazing with that trailer. Takes about 80% charge to go 100 miles but they have RV hook-ups right there so it's easy to charge back up.

EDIT: my buddy had a little drag race with his Rivian against an electric BMW SUV of some kind. His truck retained the video of it, thinking he had been in an accident!

View attachment 228551
I love how now the FIRST metric of any and all vehicle comparisons now is 0-60 and 1/4 mile.....M/T and Jason Camissa make a video comparing the cyber truck, Rivian, Hummer....first thing is the drag race.... And all of the electric vehicles are silly fast compared to cars 10 years ago....I mean comparing a pickup based on 11.1 1/4 time and 11.6 is just a little silly....but they are all high priced toys, so i guess it makes marketing sense.

I love how now the FIRST metric of any and all vehicle comparisons now is 0-60 and 1/4 mile.....M/T and Jason Camissa make a video comparing the cyber truck, Rivian, Hummer....first thing is the drag race.... And all of the electric vehicles are silly fast compared to cars 10 years ago....I mean comparing a pickup based on 11.1 1/4 time and 11.6 is just a little silly....but they are all high priced toys, so i guess it makes marketing sense.
Based on the last two Dodge products I rented, there needs to be WAY more discussion on drive ability. I would have taken VW Bus levels of acceleration for an infotainment system that didn't suck and nearly cause me to crash when I wanted to turn off the heated seats.

How else are they going to measure how fast these toys can get to the next red light? 🚦 😁

the electrified trailers are coming - will be like they aren't even there.
This is a hell of a concept if it helped push and got its electrical power from regenerative braking. The only problem it would be if it went haywire and over road the trucks brakes and you couldnt stop.

This is a hell of a concept if it helped push and got its electrical power from regenerative braking. The only problem it would be if it went haywire and over road the trucks brakes and you couldnt stop.
One of the tesla guys left to work on the problem - they were putting sensors on the kingpin so it could match speed,
sense braking - then it could provide the driver the feedback they are accustomed to.
also had a person pulling it around with a small tow bar.

Consider a bunch of these that could follow a path - self-park/self-dock at a distribution center.

it is a retrofit carriage (eAxle?) - this is not the one i was thinking about that went into the logistics of arrival/unload/load/wait/depart

Here is the RV version

Back
Top Bottom