Car-spotting thread

JDurk

It's because theft of fuel from fleet vehicles is a thing. In 49 of the 50 states and outlying islands the driver is opening the door to fill the gas so it's kind of a NJ issue.

I've seen a # of vans in NJ missing the fuel door entirely I assume out of annoyance/frustration with it.
That's what I figured. There is not cap to unscrew either. Before taking delivery of the Transit, noticed many without the little door.

Last visit to Costco for fuel, the guy pumping thanked me for having it already open for him.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's what I figured. There is not cap to unscrew either. Before taking delivery of the Transit, noticed many without the little door.

Last visit to Costco for fuel, the guy pumping thanked me for having it already open for him.
I won't lie, pumping my gas outside of NJ is great. Hopefully it gets abolished up there.

It's funny how much less stressful it is when you don't have to wait for other people.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What will @Carson do when he needs gas for the Porsche? Go to PA and pump his own?

I have an agreement with the guys at my local station. They can blast Sikh music and call me Chief or Boss, and they let me pump my own gas. All cars, not just the Porsche. They even showed me which button to press to mute the annoying commercials on the new pumps. When they hire a new guy and I pull in, they tell him to leave me alone in their native tongue.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I have an agreement with the guys at my local station. They can blast Sikh music and call me Chief or Boss, and they let me pump my own gas. All cars, not just the Porsche. They even showed me which button to press to mute the annoying commercials on the new pumps. When they hire a new guy and I pull in, they tell him to leave me alone in their native tongue.
Is this some sort of crime in NJ?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok, those commercials at some gas stations would 100% be a reason why I'd say to keep full service in NJ. I'm surprised they even have them at NJ pumps.

I've only hit that a few times while traveling but it's *really* annoying.

ebarker9

Ok, those commercials at some gas stations would 100% be a reason why I'd say to keep full service in NJ. I'm surprised they even have them at NJ pumps.

I've only hit that a few times while traveling but it's *really* annoying.

They always remind me of the scene in a TV show where one of the characters is a struggling actor and they finally land the most humiliating possible paying gig...commercial that plays on a gas pump.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Has anyone ever stopped you guys at a NJ gas station when you want to pump your own? I have never had this happen to me....If I need to get gas on my way to work in the morning and a station is busy I don't even wait, get out, use my CC and do it myself. Never had one of the guys complain. With the mustang.....no matter who the attendant is....in almost 30 years of driving that car I have NEVER once had an attendant so much as attempt to put gas in it or stop me from doing it myself.

Last month at the sunoco in denville....I pulled in with the mustang at about 7pm...there was nobody in the office, but the pumps were on....people sitting in their cars waiting....I got out, filled up my car and was on my way. The women next to me was like, your going to get in trouble....im like for what? I paid for the gas.

JDurk

Saw an impatient driver get out and pump his own at Costco, then drove out, around the car in front of him, while murdering the cones that were in place to prevent it. Felt like I was at Wawa.

ekuhn

Same thing with my motorcycles through the years - those guys just ask - "you got it, right?" Yes sir.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
the most iv ever got for pumping it myself was a 'you know what your doing?" uhhh DUH its not rocket science.

when the station is busy they even appreciate it since its one less car they have to deal with.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Some car pics from this weekend....we stopped by a show in Montville and got some ice cream

20230527_191103.jpg

love this 66 biscayne wagon
20230527_185222.jpg

I thought this was @Mountain Bike Mike for a hot minute
20230527_185139.jpg

Dont know if this is a real/original 1970 hemi cuda....they are worth in the $300,000 + range....but if it is a clone, its very well done.
20230526_183155.jpg

fair sure this is a real GT350H based on what i saw.
20230526_180321.jpg

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is this some sort of crime in NJ?

It is not a crime but it is enforceable by NJDEP with a stiff fine. It is a crime, however, to pummel someone after they drip gasoline on my car, drop the gas cap onto my paint, lean against my car, put a nice greasy hand print on the quarter panel, or sneeze in the general direction of my car. So I'll take my chances.

I once had a prick tell me to add a $200 fine to the pump amount on the Parkway after self-service. I told the dude to call NJSP and see if they give a flying fuck about the DEP.

Top Bottom