Car-spotting thread

so thats roughly $600,000 worth of cars parked outside of a ??? $400,000 house? (dont know the location)

South Edison. Yes, right on, pre-real estate skyrizzi. Maybe $525K now for this 3 BR split on a 1/4 acre.
And they were out uncovered, in the rain today. I hope all is well, that does not seem like a good plan long term.

Needs new door hinges. they wear and sag horribly. Then closing the door it misses the latch!

I got away with just new hinge pins on both my '68 Camaro and my '72 Nova. I think they were the same pins. Man, life was simpler back then.
Usually the hole wears oblong then you need hinges too.

There is an article on CNN right now that reviews the new Hummer EV. It says it weighs 9,000 lbs! That's probably about as much as a fully packed box truck, but half the size. They should have named it the "Juggernaut" because once that gets up to speed, there's probably almost nothing on the road that it wouldn't obliterate in a crash. I really want to see a head-on crash test between one of those and a SmartCar where they're both going top speed. The SmartCar would be vaporized.

D1A84E01-6700-4F51-996B-FF99D2AB4A64.jpeg
I thought this was great but then you won with the F car and McLaren.

I picked up some sports gear for the kids this week. I offered the guy $5 more dollars than another person to buy. I won. Funny what $5 will do. Rolled up to guys neat house with an e-tron and SQ5. Walked over to you can eat off the floor garage with GT4. I handed him the cash, took the gear and a bat, I said sweet car using the bat to point to it. Bat slipped Nearly threw the bat at it lol. Bat dropped right in front of me. Not close at all but it was embarrassing haha. He made a joke about it but I was too embarrassed to chat and off my merrily way.

There is an article on CNN right now that reviews the new Hummer EV. It says it weighs 9,000 lbs! That's probably about as much as a fully packed box truck, but half the size. They should have named it the "Juggernaut" because once that gets up to speed, there's probably almost nothing on the road that it wouldn't obliterate in a crash. I really want to see a head-on crash test between one of those and a SmartCar where they're both going top speed. The SmartCar would be vaporized.
The Rivian is about the same weight too.

Saw a slew of cars today on my way to my ride. Peeps must have decided spring is here and time to get the cars out of storage. The most amazing one was a Jag XJ220. One of only 282 ever produced and apparently worth about $450k. This one passed me heading east on 80 near Willowbrook. In my haste to snap a pic I only captured my dash 🙁. Was a bluish/purplish color.

The rest of todays plethora (all headed in opposite direction so no pics) included:
Two Lambo Gallardos
911 (looked to be a GT3)
RS6 wagon
McLaren something
Lotus Evora
New M4 G82 (ugly grille)
New Supra
R32 VW
70’s Beetle
Karmann Ghia

Oh, and then was this bright spark 🙄. I’ll never understand this fad…stretched tires and negative camber. 🙄🙄🙄
0C1E0C42-3950-4BF5-B218-9D3FBCE61286.jpeg

Last edited:
Saw a slew of cars today on my way to my ride. Peeps must have decided spring is here and time to get the cars out of storage. The most amazing one was a Jag XJ220. One of only 282 ever produced and apparently worth about $450k. This one passed me heading east on 80 near Willowbrook. In my haste to snap a pic I only captured my dash 🙁. Was a bluish/purplish color.

The rest of todays plethora (all headed in opposite direction so no pics) included:
Two Lambo Gallardos
911 (looked to be a GT3)
RS6 wagon
McLaren something
Lotus Evora
New M4 G82 (ugly grille)
New Supra
R32 VW
70’s Beetle
Karmann Ghia

Oh, and then was this bright spark 🙄. I’ll never understand this fad…stretched tires and negative camber. 🙄🙄🙄
View attachment 182543
All those and that's the one you get the picture of? ;)

Back
Top Bottom