Car-spotting thread

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any pics? How was it??

I don't take pics. Show up if you want to see cars.

It sucked. They parked on grass and it's full of goose shit. It was all over the tires on $300,000 cars. I yelled VAVANCULLO and left. I wouldn't park my Chrysler on grass.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
not sure if this should be here in Car spotting since we can't see them anymore as they are all at the bottom of the ocean

The manifest reveals the specific numbers of vehicles that had already been confirmed on board: 15 Lamborghini Aventadors (representing the final production run, which Lamborghini is now gearing up to replace), 20 Huracans, and 50 Uruses, for a total of 85 Lamborghinis now resting on the ocean floor. Audi lost 846 vehicles, Porsche saw over 580 cars lost, and Volkswagen 523 cars (some of which were non-US models intended for Mexico and Central/South American markets, likely alongside the 3 Seat Atecas lost). Bentley lost 190 cars alone, which represents a not-insignificant chunk of the 14,659 cars the company built in total last year.

Unfortunately, there were a few cars on board that aren't as easily replaced. A 1977 Land Rover Santana (a licensed knock-down kit of a Defender) was on the manifest, as well as a 2007 BMW 750i, alongside a late-model Kia Soul, Mini Countryman, and Nissan Versa Note. Also lost was a Porsche 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 listed as a "tourist vehicle" on the manifest, which was likely a private owner's personal car. More upsettingly was that the 65th Honda Prelude SiR ever built, on its way to a new owner Stateside, was also lost before the owner even got to see it in person. The Drive contacted the Prelude owner and more details will be forthcoming on that specific car.

OK so lets see....environmental damage aside...which while I hate the oceans being polluted....the damage from the 5-10 quarts of oil and maybe 5-10 gal. of gas in the cars is really nothing compared to how much fuel and oil the ship was carrying. So lets just pretend that the cars didnt cause any damage to the ocean and have fun with this.

So the 20 huracans....thats a tragedy....The 50 Uruses...they are much better off being artificial coral reefs for sealife.

580 Porsches....I mean THAT many??? probably all SUVs, so whatever.

846 Audis, @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST must be heartbroken

523 VWs.....im just sorry that it wasnt 523 beatles and or vans

190 Bentleys.. thats like 300 poor cows that had to die to make those interiors

"More upsettingly was that the 65th Honda Prelude SiR ever built, on its way to a new owner Stateside, was also lost before the owner even got to see it in person. The Drive contacted the Prelude owner and more details will be forthcoming on that specific car."

seriously? this is a honda prelude we are talking about right? Not a Salvador Dali painting

Captain Brainstorm

The manifest reveals the specific numbers of vehicles that had already been confirmed on board: 15 Lamborghini Aventadors (representing the final production run, which Lamborghini is now gearing up to replace), 20 Huracans, and 50 Uruses, for a total of 85 Lamborghinis now resting on the ocean floor. Audi lost 846 vehicles, Porsche saw over 580 cars lost, and Volkswagen 523 cars (some of which were non-US models intended for Mexico and Central/South American markets, likely alongside the 3 Seat Atecas lost). Bentley lost 190 cars alone, which represents a not-insignificant chunk of the 14,659 cars the company built in total last year.

Unfortunately, there were a few cars on board that aren't as easily replaced. A 1977 Land Rover Santana (a licensed knock-down kit of a Defender) was on the manifest, as well as a 2007 BMW 750i, alongside a late-model Kia Soul, Mini Countryman, and Nissan Versa Note. Also lost was a Porsche 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 listed as a "tourist vehicle" on the manifest, which was likely a private owner's personal car. More upsettingly was that the 65th Honda Prelude SiR ever built, on its way to a new owner Stateside, was also lost before the owner even got to see it in person. The Drive contacted the Prelude owner and more details will be forthcoming on that specific car.

OK so lets see....environmental damage aside...which while I hate the oceans being polluted....the damage from the 5-10 quarts of oil and maybe 5-10 gal. of gas in the cars is really nothing compared to how much fuel and oil the ship was carrying. So lets just pretend that the cars didnt cause any damage to the ocean and have fun with this.

So the 20 huracans....thats a tragedy....The 50 Uruses...they are much better off being artificial coral reefs for sealife.

580 Porsches....I mean THAT many??? probably all SUVs, so whatever.

846 Audis, @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST must be heartbroken

523 VWs.....im just sorry that it wasnt 523 beatles and or vans

190 Bentleys.. thats like 300 poor cows that had to die to make those interiors

"More upsettingly was that the 65th Honda Prelude SiR ever built, on its way to a new owner Stateside, was also lost before the owner even got to see it in person. The Drive contacted the Prelude owner and more details will be forthcoming on that specific car."

seriously? this is a honda prelude we are talking about right? Not a Salvador Dali painting
Come on man, you're not lusting after a slow front wheel drive car from the 90's with a fart-can exhaust? What's wrong with you?

Top Bottom