Car-spotting thread

Captain Brainstorm

Continuing down the path of ruining this thread, back when I was racing ('90-93, I guess) that kind of riding was limited to full blown pros. I was on the pointy end of the amateurs and on my absolutely sharpest day, I might occasionally move the rear of the bike a tiny bit on purpose with the throttle. Have suspensions/tires advanced over the years or is it more like the X-games effect, where people start doing something and suddenly that's the new normal?
Suspension and tires have moved on in a major, major way. Street ties today are better than GP spec tires from 10years ago. Bikes also. I think 1996 was the big year. Suzuki came out with the new GSX-R that basically used the RGV-500 moto GP bikes aluminum twin-spar frame and almost exact steering geometry. That’s more or less been the blueprint since then. Between the ties, suspension, and bikes, a super sport bike isn’t that far removed from what they’re racing.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So I'm normally good at this, but I have no idea what this could be. Sadly, it's under a plastic tarp so it's probably full of rust. I think it might be a Ford Pantera w/o the wing. The rear profile looks similar.

why are you pulling a u-haul?

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
why are you pulling a u-haul?

I was helping my cousin move from Vineland to Atlantic Highlands. The trlr was cheap, like under $70 for 2 days including ins.

On a sad note we saw a bad accident. Someone was pulling a landscape trlr with a lawnmower behind the rear axels. It's turned out how you think. The 'burb landed with it's front wheels on the barrier facing traffic.

THATmanMANNY

Checked out this manual Cooper (non S) in boro yesterday. Wish I seen it the day before. Woulda bought it! But when I showed up at 1pm they had a 12pm appointment and offer. So I’m not getting into bidding for this. Someone bought this for $6,200 though! 75k miles. Light years better than a metro ;)
A25C2A3F-B438-4B31-91B4-86C682D69C41.jpeg

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Checked out this manual Cooper (non S) in boro yesterday. Wish I seen it the day before. Woulda bought it! But when I showed up at 1pm they had a 12pm appointment and offer. So I’m not getting into bidding for this. Someone bought this for $6,200 though! 75k miles. Light years better than a metro ;)
View attachment 170053
Friend of mine's mom drives this car, but in a different color. Its the perfect car for moms.

THATmanMANNY

How is the reliability for Mini's?
That’s a loaded question
-it’s average
-as with any car keep up with the maintenance then it will run 100,000+ miles
-if you go to shop they are a little more to service but overall DIY is doable
-the S models or higher trim could be costly if supercharging or turbo issues

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
View attachment 170053

putting back seats where the trunk is supposed to make it better?
Or the unicorn antenna?

not two seats, so not a roadster, like the metro. 🔥🔥🔥🔥
:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom