Car-spotting thread

Cleaning out the garage and ran across my old (was my dads) AFX stuff. Some of these cars don’t run and got scavenged to make others live but man the body styles! Doubt they’re worth anything but seeing the Gulf GT40 is pretty cool.

edit: found a bunch more bodies including the legendary 917. Neat. View attachment 157829
I still have my original set from when I was like 12. Mom worked at Sears in customer service and was able to snag returns and I ended up with tons of spare parts and tracks.

One day I will find a spot to set it up.

Lots of sightings on my road ride today out

Saw this thing and it’s for sale. I remember the 1990s cougar were converted to cars like this but not sure if this is some
Kind of kit car or not.

093F3EB4-F33F-483D-94E1-A99A6D713CAF.jpeg

Then at the Tap house on RT15 these Subie guys were all pulling into the lot. Could hear a few of them coming like a mile away.
4345182B-ED5E-491A-B0CF-E5289784CB0F.png

Then finally I was at rt10 In Roxbury and these two were slowing down traffic to catch the red light on purpose. In hindsight I should have pulled off to see if they ripped it at the light but my calf was cramping a little and I wanted to get home.

4133C1C6-E59E-4933-A306-75B4A6D9299B.png

God that BMW is just even more hideous in person.

stretching three sets of the rubber tires over each other....
I remember the funny car could drive the whole track sideways. I think we got it to either smoke the tires or damage the track by holding it in place.

Well some of them are worth something. Hmm.

Last edited:
I remember the funny car could drive the whole track sideways. I think we got it to either smoke the tires or damage the track by by holding it in place.

I used to put a dot of dish soap on the track and hold a ruler in front of the cars with both controllers in my hand. Then launch them to see who wins. Always ended with one car flying off the track but that sweet smell of burning rubber and warm slot car motor is still embedded in my senses.

I remember the funny car could drive the whole track sideways. I think we got it to either smoke the tires or damage the track by holding it in place.

This is one of the ones I have (sans box).

Nice! Rare actually car too. I should set up a little oval and see what still works. We can race!
Yep I have a 4 lane figure 8 track so two others can join us. Last I checked the motors work fine but the rear tires (which were made of some sort of sponge) are glazed from age so I’ll have to source new ones.

Lots of sightings on my road ride today out

Then finally I was at rt10 In Roxbury and these two were slowing down traffic to catch the red light on purpose. In hindsight I should have pulled off to see if they ripped it at the light but my calf was cramping a little and I wanted to get home.

View attachment 157841

God that BMW is just even more hideous in person.

I haven't seen that 4-Series BMW grill in person, but I can't believe it is as hideous as the elongated Audi and absurd Lexus grills that transect the bumpers.

Princeton Porsche. F car parkway.
tesla strategically placed the new SC across them haha. I went for service. Some intermittent error messages. Model 3 had drive units replaced under warranty.

Attachments

• 6708875F-B80A-402E-94DA-498FF4716D89.png
    6708875F-B80A-402E-94DA-498FF4716D89.png
    612.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 22C5DCF7-85A1-4BF3-9B19-4C295726BB6A.jpeg
    22C5DCF7-85A1-4BF3-9B19-4C295726BB6A.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom