Car-spotting thread

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
1620997159080.png
One of my favorite cars. My folks had one in the early 70's and I have great memories of going places in it with my father. It had a 4 speed manual and he used to grab my hand and put it on the shifter when he was changing gears.

Car was totaled on a rural road in Millstone, which led to the purchase of our 74 Vega GT, which was to be my first car 9 years later. I'd have been way happier to get the VW.

Last edited:

WJF

View attachment 157653
One of my favorite cars. My folks had one in the early 70's and I have great memories of going places in it with my father. It had a 4 speed manual and he used to grab my hand and put it on the shifter when he was changing gears.

Car was totaled on a rural road in Millstone, which led to the purchase of our 74 Vega GT, which was to be my first car 9 years later. I'd have been way happier to get the VW.
My mother had this same VW and color, 4 speed manual, this was what I learned to drive in, she told me to drive her around and practice my clutch work on steep roads that had stop signs. You learn real quick with mom and friends in the car. Fun car to drive, reliable until we needed something bigger.

Dingo

View attachment 157653

My parents had a '68. They bought brand new, and I learned to drive a clutch when I was 14. I used to sneak the keys and drive around before I had a licence. Took the drivers test in it, the tester guy said "your pretty good with the clutch, must have a lot of practice" If he only knew. 68 was also the first year for fuel injection. This thing left my dad stranded many times. My folks sold it, because I would not buy tires for it. Wish I still had it, but just had to have a Camaro SS

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Came across this last night a Lowes....wasn't really a fan of these when came.to.market last year, but I kind of like this one...

View attachment 157656
I actually kind of like them, but they are monsters. So damn long. I'm not a fan with how they went long with all of the Wranglers. They just seem like noisy highway cars these days. A 2 door Gladiator would be cool.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I actually kind of like them, but they are monsters. So damn long. I'm not a fan with how they went long with all of the Wranglers. They just seem like noisy highway cars these days. A 2 door Gladiator would be cool.
Here ya go.

1985_jeep_j10_pickup_1619210090e6376b6001.jpg

iman29

Came across this last night a Lowes....wasn't really a fan of these when came.to.market last year, but I kind of like this one...

View attachment 157656
When I was growing up the guys that stripped cars would steal the wheels and leave the car on cinder blocks. Now they steal the doors and leave nice wheels ?

Guess times have changed. 🤪

Dingo

'70 Formula 400? I'm not that great with Firebirds. Always loved that hood though, those scoops were awesome.
I'm thinking 71 or 72 those had high back seats. The front fender has a vent, I think was 70. The wheels are later, 76 or 77 WS6.
So A bunch of parts from different cars. Those fiberglass hoods were cool, some even had functional air induction

iman29

I'm thinking 71 or 72 those had high back seats. The front fender has a vent, I think was 70. The wheels are later, 76 or 77 WS6.
So A bunch of parts from different cars. Those fiberglass hoods were cool, some even had functional air induction

Yes the fender badge said Formula 400 but it had me wondering if it’s a mock up car because no rear spoiler.

I always preferred the Camaros and Chevelles from around this time period anyway.

Top Bottom