Car-spotting thread

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can somebody explain the matte paint thing to me?

Saw this otherwise tight looking 991.1 turbo (@Carson fact check that) on the way to work. I've seen plenty of matte cars but this thing looked like a 70's velvet painting.

who wore it better?

View attachment 157209
View attachment 157210
That thing looks like it got hit by a train of coal-rolling pick up trucks. I like flat paint on some cars, but this is really bad.

rick81721

Lothar
Was having some fun with an older 911 and almost got into some big trouble. Whipped around a truck and floored it right after this pic capture and right down the road was a state trooper and sarasota county sheriff. I slammed on the brakes and pulled into Publix (was going there anyway) - the sheriff followed me and I started to panic but it turned out he was off duty and just shopping. Big dude with arms covered in tats!

20210506_164653_ER.jpg

mfennell

I slammed on the brakes and pulled into Publix (was going there anyway) - the sheriff followed me and I started to panic but it turned out he was off duty and just shopping. Big dude with arms covered in tats!

Pro tip: old gray hairs have no reason to panic. Worst case, an attorney makes it go away.

TBF, this may be different in FL where EVERYONE is an old gray hair. :) They have to ticket someone, I guess.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I only ended up taking the mustang for a tour around the block, but I did take a picture....of what is my house and my white focus :)
AtZ7d3b.jpeg

I still cant get used to seeing this car with a decent paint job after 40 years of looking at it like it used to be

ec8R69E.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
Dang my camera wasn't plugged in but driving back from Ft Myers airport dropping off my brother from pennsy I was cruising on I75 at 85 mph (nobody drives below 75) and a DeLorean silver McLaren 720S blew by me - had to be going close to 100 mph.

mfennell

1st time seeing both cars in the wild
lexus LFA, 400k Toyota..

Trivia: I saw a real LFA at Classic Coach a few years ago. It was in for a windshield. The service writer told me it was SIXTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS. I don't recall the cost breakdown but it required an ungodly amount of labor. The insurance company demanded copies of the service manual before they would authorize the repair.

Top Bottom