Car-spotting thread

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
It’s clear modern car manufacturers are offering fewer choices in terms of MT cars, but of the few such cars left lately, they also appear to be increasingly out of touch with the reasons people chose a manual transmission, which center primarily around being able to modulate the power delivery ourselves. Skip shifts, auto-revmatching, upshift indicator lights...ugh...and don’t get me started on push button e-brakes and auto hill-holders. 🙄

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dee is out of town, so I dropped her Jetta off this morning for the free/included oil change and tire rotation. My loaner is a 21 Passat with 97 miles.

THIS is why people hate dealerships and buying cars. Crooks!

1620309023080.png

Road hazard warranty for tires with ELEPHANTS on them? WTF? I almost wish I was negotiating on this car for a friend. I would have a field day.

1620309085973.png

Dingo

Dee is out of town, so I dropped her Jetta off this morning for the free/included oil change and tire rotation. My loaner is a 21 Passat with 97 miles.

THIS is why people hate dealerships and buying cars. Crooks!

View attachment 157186

Road hazard warranty for tires with ELEPHANTS on them? WTF? I almost wish I was negotiating on this car for a friend. I would have a field day.

View attachment 157197
Plus the charges for title and paper work, then you get sent to the finance office and they turn you upside down and shake you until every last penny falls out of your pockets.

What's sad is 99% of the public pays those stupid fees.

The employees hate dealers more than customers do, we get screwed on our paychecks every day

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can somebody explain the matte paint thing to me?

Saw this otherwise tight looking 991.1 turbo (@Carson fact check that) on the way to work. I've seen plenty of matte cars but this thing looked like a 70's velvet painting.

who wore it better?

1620311047071.png
C75E2ECD-0E08-4712-8A11-DF3E6FA2C542.jpeg

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Plus the charges for title and paper work, then you get sent to the finance office and they turn you upside down and shake you until every last penny falls out of your pockets.

What's sad is 99% of the public pays those stupid fees.

The employees hate dealers more than customers do, we get screwed on our paychecks every day

Step #1 is explaining I live 12 miles from PA border who has a legislated cap on dealer fees. Either match them or I go to the Commonwealth. The current doc fee is capped at $394 in 2021 in PA.

I had a huge dust up when buying my Mom's Mazda. The etching was already done. I explained that the car will be insured; if it's stolen I don't want it back, I want a check from the insurance company. I don't care if they part out my glass/fenders/whatever or ship it to ISIS. We literally went back and forth for 10 minutes just on this fee. It involved the sales manager and eventually the GM. I told them either remove the charge, replace all the glass in the car, order me a new car without etching, or I walk. Of course, they caved but JFC what a waste of time. In fact, they left the etching fee and lowered the price of the car an equal amount.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Maybe it is a throwback to being a kid and riding around in a car that you spray bombed with primer black?

1620324395040.png

ekuhn

I like em with no shine! As long as its done tastefully. Can be any color as long as its black.

s-l400.jpg

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
At one point I was considering doing the M3 in matte red just for something different. They had the "frozen" colors for a while.

bmw-m3-f80-brixton-forged-m51-duo-11.gif

Top Bottom