Car-spotting thread

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
And not a particularly new thing, either.

I imagine it would drive me nuts, but I've yet to have a car so equipped.

yes it would drive you nuts, for like a month, then youd buy the eliminator and move on with life as if it wasnt there.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My 6MT has the auto start/stop but I leave it off. I don’t like it.

i cant imagine it would be very good with a MT, does it shut off every time you put the car in nuetral?

can you buy a defeat device for it?

I honestly wouldnt mind the stop/start so much if you could turn it off once and have it remember what state you left it in, but (at least in the cars i have driven with it) it resets to on every time you start the car :(

Reactions: don

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
i cant imagine it would be very good with a MT, does it shut off every time you put the car in nuetral?

can you buy a defeat device for it?

I honestly wouldnt mind the stop/start so much if you could turn it off once and have it remember what state you left it in, but (at least in the cars i have driven with it) it resets to on every time you start the car :(
Mine has an on/off button next to the ignition button. I simply turn the feature off and leave it that way. It stays that way until you push the “on” button. But if it’s enabled, yes it would shut off the engine as soon as I was at a stop. First time this happened after I got the car I thought I had stalled it.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Magic's reading comprehension skills are horrible. It hurts my brain to think everyone is complaining about an automatic transmission automatically doing a 1-4 shift.

Mine has an on/off button next to the ignition button. I simply turn the feature off and leave it that way. It stays that way until you push the “on” button. But if it’s enabled, yes it would shut off the engine as soon as I was at a stop. First time this happened after I got the car I thought I had stalled it.
If you're in a MT, how does it know when to start? Foot off the brake pedal?

Today I used 5th gear in my car. I don't think I've used it in a year. Is it really common for 5th and 6th to be so close that 5th is useless?

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's

even if you shut the engine off and restart it?

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG

Today I used 5th gear in my car. I don't think I've used it in a year. Is it really common for 5th and 6th to be so close that 5th is useless?
Clutch pedal in, engine starts.

the 1-4 skip shift would drive me nuts. Thankfully no such thing on my MT cars. In my M 3rd is my favorite gear 😉

Reactions: don

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
yea the skip shift thing drove me nuts, in normal driving i would start out in 2nd to avoid it while i was waiting for the part to come in.

rick81721

Lothar
Magic's reading comprehension skills are horrible. It hurts my brain to think everyone is complaining about an automatic transmission automatically doing a 1-4 shift.

I rarely use 5th or 6th. Driving around town, rarely us 4th either - like to cruise at 6K rpm - not good for gas mileage tho

Top Bottom