Car-spotting thread

mfennell

360?

Which refinisher are you using? I have a couple of pieces of Porsche trim that have a similar type of soft touch rubber coating which isn't looking so amazing.
Yes.

I used https://stickynomore.com/. They're in MD so turn-around was only a couple days.

I work the same way. Once things start to go wrong, deep breath, walk away. Plus, you might as well enjoy your time working on projects like these. If you're stressed out and rushing through it, it's not exactly enjoyable.
Exactly. And having something different to do each day really breaks the same-same-same of work-from-home #covidlife

rick81721

Lothar
Ya were talking the first versions of uni bodies...terrible suspension geometry, steering boxes... Why I just left my suspension mostly stock, few small tweaks... I can put 10,000 into the steering and suspension of my 67 and after that, it would still most likely get lapped by my 160 hp Ford focus on an auto x course..... They all suck compared to anything modern, it's part of the old car charm.

I'd love to go cruise with @Carson @rick81721 etc... My car probably has the power to keep up on the straights, but first turn and they would put half a mile on me... And Jesus christ if they decided to hit the brake hard... Ug

I was surprised how well the cop in the 67 camaro (Trevor? I'm terrible with names) kept up in the twisties, but found out his suspension is basically restomod.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was going to upload the video from our "sprint" at 1:53pm, but when I saw the cam recorded my top speed at 110 mph on a road I'm assuming was 50 mph limit, nope! I hit the 8200 rpm redline in 3rd gear
Send it to me, lol. I saw the same number.😜

I was surprised how well the cop in the 67 camaro (Trevor? I'm terrible with names) kept up in the twisties, but found out his suspension is basically restomod.
Yeah, that thing was pretty nice. Converted to coilovers from leaf springs, and had some pretty slick tires. It seemed to handle well when it was up to speed, but the turbo accelerated out of turns and up inclines much better. I think he said it's only 300-ish hp.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here's a write up for a 69 with the upgrades and comparisons to a 2010 SS, good numbers against a stock modern car
ya, thats a pro touring car...they are awesome, but you are talking a SHIT ton of money..If you want to buy a camaro like that done...Im sure you are in the 80 to 100k range.

mwlikesbikes

i was always a little bummed when i heard that Chip Foose (whose designs I typically love) designed this mess

1967-ford-mustang-eleanor-from-gone-in-60-seconds_100424293_h.jpg
I’m with you, the stock ‘67 shelbys are the best looking ones IMO. I cringe when I see one of these abominations sell for way too much money at the auctions.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK, OK, it didn't happen without pics but... Down in Little Egg I saw a Skyline R33 with right hand drive. It was in amazing condition. I found out they have cruise night in town on Thursdays. I will have to check it out one time, I bet he shows up there.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’m with you, the stock ‘67 shelbys are the best looking ones IMO. I cringe when I see one of these abominations sell for way too much money at the auctions.
I like these overall, but always hated the molded fiberglass looking stuff for the inner lights and the fogs. It makes it looks like:
B-HC99VSF_0.jpg

Attachments

• 1597085733668.png
    1597085733668.png
    679.3 KB · Views: 0

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was going to upload the video from our "sprint" at 1:53pm, but when I saw the cam recorded my top speed at 110 mph on a road I'm assuming was 50 mph limit, nope! I hit the 8200 rpm redline in 3rd gear

Pretty sure that must of been KPH. I led the entire day and I'm relatively sure we obeyed all speed limits.

Brett. Or Millennial. He answers to both.

ya, thats a pro touring car...they are awesome, but you are talking a SHIT ton of money..If you want to buy a camaro like that done...Im sure you are in the 80 to 100k range.

Brett definitely doesn't have that kind of money in it. More like 30K max. Coilovers and a BBK I think are it.

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

qclabrat

Anyone able to suggest an enclosed auto transport service? My carrier fell through and need to ship a car from AZ to NJ.
Found out services are currently at a premium as there was temporary halt to transporting cars across state lines due to Covid concerns. Since July 1st, trucks have be hauling used cars mostly for dealerships 24x7. The quotes I've been getting today are 25% more than 2 months ago at 2200-2500

qclabrat

2nd question, who are folks with classic cars using for insurance. I've gotten quotes from Hagerty, Grundy, American Collectors and my current insurance (NJM). Hagerty is by far the most expensive.

kdebello

I used American Collectors on my 69 Coronet. Declared value. I never had to make a claim, but a friend of mine did on a 70 Charger. Major accident while it was being trailered. Insurance covered everything and paid quickly.

rick81721

Lothar
Anyone able to suggest an enclosed auto transport service? My carrier fell through and need to ship a car from AZ to NJ.
Found out services are currently at a premium as there was temporary halt to transporting cars across state lines due to Covid concerns. Since July 1st, trucks have be hauling used cars mostly for dealerships 24x7. The quotes I've been getting today are 25% more than 2 months ago at 2200-2500

so what did you get? pics???

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
2nd question, who are folks with classic cars using for insurance. I've gotten quotes from Hagerty, Grundy, American Collectors and my current insurance (NJM). Hagerty is by far the most expensive.
Hagerty for me. I have the mustang insured for $80,000....costs me about $350 a year.

As far as a transporter, not sure....I had the mustang shipped from Utah back to NJ in 1997, but it was only $600 back then :)

Horseless carriage is another one, but im sure they are not cheap.

And what rick said...what did you get????

qclabrat

Hagerty for me. I have the mustang insured for $80,000....costs me about $350 a year.

As far as a transporter, not sure....I had the mustang shipped from Utah back to NJ in 1997, but it was only $600 back then :)

Horseless carriage is another one, but im sure they are not cheap.

And what rick said...what did you get????
My neighbor recommended Horseless Carriage, that's who he used for his GTX a few year back
Requested a quote a few weeks back but didn't get a reply will give them a call instead

Top Bottom