Car-spotting thread

A thousand Porsches came to town today for some rally thing. Basically old white guy in polo shirt, shorts with a belt and boat shoes convention. They shut down the main strip and had a car show type thing going on which I didn't understand because it looked like it was hundreds of the same car except in a different color. Except for the 914/944/928 cars. Few other misc cars I saw.

My favorite was the red Porsche that said Corvair on it.

2023-04-21 12.26.05.jpg2023-04-22 16.31.17.jpg2023-04-28 19.21.00.jpg2023-04-29 10.32.48.jpg2023-04-29 10.34.15.jpg2023-04-29 10.35.00.jpg2023-04-29 10.36.36.jpg2023-04-29 10.37.00.jpg

Last edited:
Your Porsche will spend the next month in the salt air being used as a toilet for sea birds.....

Then it will enjoy a lengthy trip across the north atlantic where it will be constantly bathed by salt water.
AcidicGrizzledAnemonecrab-size_restricted.gif

Ok this has to be one of the creepiest things I have seen to date.

It looks like some kind of rolling tribute to SpongeBob SquarePants underwater home.

Or it’s a full scale pressure cooker.

WtF.
View attachment 212794
So many questions, is that all metal? Love the actual porthole window and the big ass chains tying it down. The little extra bit over the cab as well! Those rangers were notorious for broken leaf spring hangers as well.

I feel it's discussed, but was European delivery ever an option for you?

Not for me. Way too OCD. I want to see it before I fly for a vacation, I want PPF on it before I drive it, no idea how they mount EU plates, etc, etc. The ED spots are few and far between, too. Easily could have added 6-8 months before the car made it to the USA.

Last edited:
Not for me. Way too OCD. I want to see it before I fly for a vacation, I want PPF on it before I drive it, no idea how they mount EU plates, etc, etc. They ED spots are few and far between, too. Easily could have added 6-8 months before the car made it to the USA.
plus that part where you have to check it as luggage and hope the newark baggage handlers treat it nicely

So many questions, is that all metal? Love the actual porthole window and the big ass chains tying it down. The little extra bit over the cab as well! Those rangers were notorious for broken leaf spring hangers as well.
No idea was a quick drive by parking lot pic.

Back
Top Bottom