Car-spotting thread

yes, not bad....and bonus....unlike denville dairy where I have to park close to everyone, this place has a bigger parking lot
I don’t get the Denville dairy thing. It’s always way too crowded and imho the ice cream is just ok.
Are you local? I’m off Cooper rd.

I don’t get the Denville dairy thing. It’s always way too crowded and imho the ice cream is just ok.
Are you local? I’m off Cooper rd.
I live in Rockaway boro. the trick to Denville dairy when its packs....just grab something out of the freezers, then you can skip the line, walk up to the register and check out. Im always eating the diet ice cream when I go there anyway.

Beautiful TC! When cars were "drawn" by artists and not a CAD program aimed at coefficient of drag efficiency. Other than muscle cars, seems like most cars today are shaped like jelly beans.
The lines on the dashboard really caught my eye. Everything was curved and well crafted - by craftsmen.

My son told me this makes a programmed sound at low speeds for nearby pedestrians to be able to hear it.

Guess that means cyclists won’t know it’s coming just like all the Teslas that whip by.

Coincidentally the local DoH tribute car that I have seen and posted here before is parked In the background.

819ACDA1-2068-458A-9D12-73CD12746CF0.jpeg

I think the coolest dash I’ve ever seen was on a Spyker. I don’t remember the model, and I’ve never seen another.
That's the Spyker C8. I went to a demo day years ago and got to drive one on some nice backroads on eastern LI. Awesome sound, and quite fun to drive. The shifter is a work of art, and also pretty nice to row

My son told me this makes a programmed sound at low speeds for nearby pedestrians to be able to hear it.

\

this is true of all (maybe most?) EVs, they have to emit a certain db level of noise at all times while in motion for the safety of pedestrians (law in the US, makes for some weird ass noises out of these cars)

this is true of all (maybe most?) EVs, they have to emit a certain db level of noise at all times while in motion for the safety of pedestrians (law in the US, makes for some weird ass noises out of these cars)
Didn’t know this actually I never hear the EVs when they buzz me on the roads but at least the gas powered cars I get a .5 sec warning.

Guess that means cyclists won’t know it’s coming just like all the Teslas that whip by.

they should be to recognize a cyclist & pedestrian and make a specific sound to alert them.

I also think cars should have a sound separate from a horn to let cyclists/pedestrians know they see them.
vs a horn.

Back
Top Bottom